What really EMBARRASSES you most

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Rita, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Oh boy, I got a different one for you...

My son about 6 maybe 5 years at the time. (Note for InTox. benefit ;) nearly the same age).

Well we were at a funeral home during the evening visitation or viewing as some call it. The family of the deceased was being comforted by some friends. What does my son do but blurts out, "Hey Daddy that lady looks like the lady in the box...dead!"

The deceased had lived a full life and the lady standing there looked like she had a few more good years. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Shhh son... :oops: Oh son... :blink:

2. AvianFlux

AvianFlux Registered Member

Gotta watch what you say around children... :D

3. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:oops: O.k. another one:
    Remember I wrote the poem about flirting on another thread in this forum.

Well flirting with a young lady, only to find out that it is a female impersonator.

Coming out of the enlisted club, head for your rack, wake up four hours later, with water pouring off your body, an realize you are on sand bags in front of your hut.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :( :doubt: :blink:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  4. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

ok, i might as well post one more. keep in mind that i'm not a religous person, and have only been to church twice in my whole life.

anyways, on one of these such occasions, i got conned into going to a catholic school graduation ceremony. there was only 12 kids in the graduating class, so i figured i'd be in and out. little did i know there would also be a mass as well as some other stuff that ended up taking hours.

as i walked into the church with my cigarette in hand, a priest advised to put it out. i threw it into, what i thought was an ashtray next to the door. soon as i did, everyone began staring at me with their eyes wide open in amazement and whispering to each other. shaking their heads and giving me the evil eye. i thought it was because i brought a smoke into the church. i felt bad, so i decided to take a seat in the back. while sitting all by myself, i did the usual and began to check out and observe the people as they walked in. one by one they all stuck their hands in the "ashtray" and splashed the water inside it on their face.

turns out the supposed ashtray was holy water blessed by some cardinal that had visited the church weeks earlier. :oops: oops!

5. BeetleBoss

BeetleBoss She who posts lots of <I>Smileys</I>

OK who isn't embarrassed by something their kiddos have done.

A few years ago we took our kids on our first family vacation to a bed and breakfast. Sam was prob 4yrs old and Alicia was prob 5 yrs old. They were soooo excited that we'd be spending the night somewhere beside home....and on bunkbeds!! When we fist got to the bed~n~breakfast, I walked around with the kids, and Steve unloaded the car and took our bags to our room. The whole evening, we were the only family there...but another family was expected to arrive sometime that evening.
    Anyway, that evening we gave the kids a bath. When they finally got all pruny...we got the kiddos out. Well, the next thing we heard was the door to our room slam. Sam had run out of our room....naked as a Jay Bird....down hall, through the family room area, and towards where he thought the car was.

As soon as I heard the door slam, I run out of the room to hunt him down. As I go down the hall towards the familyroom area, I see the other family that was expected. They had quite a shocked look on their face.

Anyway........when I got to Sam (naked) I said,"Sam, what are you doing?"

"I was getting my suitcase out of the car."

"Honey, Daddy has already gotten it out."

Of course, we took a different route back to our room.

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/bath.gif..........................................[​IMG].............................................................[​IMG]

6. wildman

:oops: Yup kids will do it to ya. My daughter was three or four when I took her to Disney Land (just father an daughter). We went on Pirates of the Caribbean. Now when you first get going, there is a little drop an the boat then starts moving right along. Well I guess the drop scared my daughter, because at the top of her lungs she yells "get me the hell out of hear, now!". Yup a little chip off the old block.

Thanks
    Wildman
    ;) :p :D :eek:

7. BeetleBoss

OK.....now I'm think'in of them.

This will be an Alicia story......just to be fair.

I took Alicia out on a Mommy/Daughter date.

Of course we had to go to Taco Bell. And then we went to go see The Iron Giant(great movie!!). It was when it first came out so the theater was packed. We had to sit in the middle of the theater, in the middle of a row.
    Well, half way through the movie Alicia starts throwing up very loudly. I had to quickly take off her shirt to ...... you know.....catch it. Then, I had to do my best, to time it just right.... to get her out of there.

[​IMG]

8. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Believe me BeetleBoss if I saw THAT happen in front of my eyes it would embarass me more than it would to anyone else, be it the victim, or the mommy or someone else.

In fact, if I saw that happen, the first thing I'd do is run away as fast as possible. I'd rather stay away.

Call me weird if you want to.

Firecat ;)

9. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i guess wut rele embarrasses me is that my parents have more friends and more of a social life than me. theyre much more out going and plenty talkative. as such, my life sucks but whatever.

10. Icewind

Icewind Registered Member

I've GOT to tell you people something which happened when I was in year 5.

I left my towel outside the change room when I had finished swimming, and I had all of my clothes in the change room (my towel was outside near the pool, followed by all the year 3's and 4's).

Stupidly enough, I walk out of the change room, completely <starting to laugh> nude, and I wasn't aware of it. Then, all the girls in the change room laughed at me! <laughing quite loudly now>

One of the teacher's told me off for not wearing clothes, but the year 3's and 4's were told off too because they were laughing at me! (Weird... o_O )

LOL! :D

Davo.

P.S. What embarrasses me the most is when the elastic off of my pants break and they hang down near my backside. I have to "ugh" hitch them up when I wear them, and my other clothes are in the wash!

11. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

LOL, hey Wildman reminded me of a similar time. My son again. Riding in a shopping cart, real young 4 or 5, I think, in the grocery store sparsely populated that was good but the echo was awful. His mother was near him and I was watching from a distance. He is staring at frozen food case with this look on his face and all of a sudden, "What da hell...!" It just echoed out all of the store. :oops: :blink:

12. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

O yeah ! I forgot one !!!

I get embarrassed when someone else gets embarrassed. http://img33.exs.cx/img33/1565/iconredface0jq.gif

Whether it be anybody making a "fool" out of themself on TV or real-life-mishaps. Don't matter.

This is no joke or dumb remark.

I just can feel with that person, what they must be going through.

Horrible....horrible......

13. CartoonBoy

CartoonBoy Registered Member

14. CartoonBoy

CartoonBoy Registered Member

Hey WSFuser, I bet your life dosen't " suck " If you want to be more sociable, just do it! If you don't.......be happy with who YOU are ;)

End of therapy...... :ninja:

15. GForce

GForce Guest

Simple and well put CartoonBoy. Bravo!

GF

16. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

unfortunately it's not that easy for everyone. some people are unable to act and express themselves the way they would like to. so instead, these people are trapped in a persona where other people think differently of them and have a distorted opinion of who they really are.

trust me, there are two sides to mr. intox. one that is very shy, quiet and reserved. the other is somewhat of a maniac. most people see me as the shy guy. quiet, calm, and very private. others know me as an arrogant s.o.b., loud, obnoxious, and an all around a$$h*le. unfortunately, it's the obnoxious, loud and arrogant guy that i truly am. although it's hard for me to always "be more sociable" and "just do it", with the help of alcohol, i am able to achieve the results i am looking for.

WSFuser: i'm not telling you to go out and get wasted. you just need to figure out how to bring the true you out, so others will know who you really are. think of the times when you're truly happy being yourself. who are you with, what are you doing? try to incorporate these feelings into everything you do, and i hope you find a more positive outlet than i did.

it appears i've gone way off topic and had more to drink tonight than i thought. don't even remember why i started this post, or replied to this post, or whatever i just did.

17. NATinlurk

NATinlurk Guest

Mr. Intox.......I admire your honesty, about yourself.......... <3

~*Nat*~

18. wildman

Mr. Intox: I also admire your forthrightness. I am now going to go out on a limb. I have not reveled this for a very long time, but both my parents were alcoholics (albeit functioning ones), they swore up an down that they did not have a problem. My mother died from sucroses of the liver at age 61. All I am saying is it sounds like you may have a problem, an if this be the case, be again honest an seek professional help, it just could save your life.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :cool:

19. BeetleBoss

OK......I got another embarrassing story.

Girls,
    we know guys sometimes aren't the the most tactfull when expressing themselves, right.

Well...........
    Not long after Steve and I got married, we had an issue with his dad coming to our home very often and unanounced. Its not that I minded that he come visit.........I was just wanting a little warning.

So, Steve had a talk with his dad on the phone about it.
    As I hear them talking, Steve says something like,"the next time your wanting to come on over and visit, could I ask that you give us a call first?"

Now, if I knew Steve would need to be prepared with some reasons on "why" we would like some sort of warning, I would have been more than happy to help him know what to say....... something like
    "Oh, just to make sure we're home" or "We just want to get things tidied up for ya"

You know, normal reasons.

What does Steve tell his parents??

"Oh just incase we're walking around the house naked or busy in bed"

I just died!!

I didn't make eye contact with his parents for quite awhile after that.

20. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

21. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

LMAO, that sure is embarassing Beetleboss, but its quite nice the way he can talk to his dad like that...I wish I could :) cause I wouldn't stop :D

22. wildman

:oops: O.k. yet another one: While living in Australia, my parents an I took a three day holiday at a location that had oyster beds, (forget the name of the place, was in N.S.W., for my Aussie friends). You could rent a boat an go right in the middle of the beds, there was a small island there also where one could set up a picnic (had a Bar-B-Q pit). Early in the morning we set off, the sun is just coming up an already the water is warm, an crystal clear. Dad an I get the bright idea that we will go swimming (no trunks), skinny dipping to be more exact, not a soul in sight. We're swimming away when we hear this toot toot, we look up an there bigger than life is this tourist boat, the people are waving at us. Dad an I could only wave back, my mother is on the island laughing her head off.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :p ;) :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.