What programs/add-ons are you using to get rid of Flash/Silverlight/LSO cookies?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jfd15, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

My understanding is that all Silverlight “cookies” are stored in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\Silverlight (on Windows Vista). Thus, any wipe utility (such as R-Wipe&Clean) that permits a user to specify a custom wipe task can destroy those files.

2. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

3. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

I haven't followed XSS much, but from what I've read, it's the HTTP Session cookie that is valued to hijack, so you would have to block *all* cookies if you want to feel completely secure from a XSS hijack. That might be difficult on those sites which require a cookie to enable certain functions.

----
    rich

4. arran

arran Registered Member

oh well if they don't cause any harm then there is no point in making sure that they get removed.

5. microbial

microbial Registered Member

Doesn't Better Privacy cover this scenario with its Timer function on the Options page? It's not very intuitive but I THINK that if you check the box 'Auto-delete Flash Cookies by Timer' and then set the timer for, say 1 second, this problem should be resolved. I had a look at the developer's page but the guide isn't very clear as he's a native German speaker and the English section loses a bit in translation...

On a side note, has anyone used this :

http://www.privacychoice.org/

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  6. jfd15

jfd15 Registered Member

yeah, i thought thats its a very cool program but i'm not ready to spend the ~$35 i think they wanted for the pro edition....if it was about $20 or so i think i'd have bought it already...

7. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Yeah it is a bit steep,though license covers 2 computers.In an after sales satisfaction email i had from them they asked about pros and cons ,and i mentioned to them it might be a good idea to contact bits du jour so that the software can be publicised more and also it would be sold discounted for a day.They replied back and said they would try to sort something with bits du jour ,so may be worth keeping an eye open there.#
    ellison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.