What product for Windows Server

Discussion in 'ESET Endpoint Products' started by jprudente, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jprudente

jprudente Registered Member

Hi All,

Trying to make sense of the mess of versions and version numbers ESET seems to have these days. Not very customer friendly, but that aside...

I'm beginning to upgrade our workstations from 4.2 (NO32 AV Business Edition) to 5.0 (Endpoint AV), and was about to start testing servers when I stumbled on File Security for Microsoft Windows Server.

The current download for file security appears to be 4.5. The KB articles I'm coming across reference using FSMWS in lieu of AV Business Edition 4.x. I do not see anything that indicates if FSMWS should be used instead of Endpoint AV 5.x.

So what's the story?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    James

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Hi James

Do you have users actually logging onto the file server in question, and browsing or running programs? Or is it purely a file server, e.g. it hands out \\UNC\shares. If the latter, then I would argue that you don't need *any* AV product on there, as nothing is running on there to infect it.

YMMV.....

Jim

3. jprudente

jprudente Registered Member

Thanks for the feedback Jim.

I ended up opening a case with ESET and was told that even though the version number is lower, FSMWS is the product recommended on servers at this time.

James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.