What Paragon Products are compatible with Windows 7 64 bit?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Escalader, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

I have been using Paragon Drive Backup 9.0 Personal and Paragon Partition Manager 9.0 Personal for some years now on my Dell Dimension 4700 xp sp3 setup.

The dimension is NOT properly compatible with a new i7, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit o/s. I'm going to retain the XP system and share the router/lan with the notebook under windows 7.

Have a couple of questions:

1. Will either of these existing Paragon products work on the w7 machine?
    2. It looks like the Paragon DB 9.0 has a 64 bit version and the Paragon PM 9.0 doesn't.
    3. Do you yet have a 64 bit backup and Partition manger product for Windows 7?
    4. The utilities you offer seem to assume I'm putting 2 o/s on the same PC but that is NOT what I'm doing.
    Please advise.

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Escalader,

There is an updated version of DB9 which officially supports Windows 7. You should find both 32 and 64 bit installers available by visiting the My Accounts section:

http://www.paragon-software.com/login

PM9 is no longer being sold. PM10 officially supports Windows 7. You may also find there is a 64 bit installer for PM9 you already purchased from the My Accounts section.

PM9 wasn't given the "official" tag of Win7 support, but I had no problems with it on 7.

The functions of both PM and DB are included in the HDM ( Hard Disk Manager) series.

Current version is HDM 2009 - it is available in 64 bit version and works very well on my 7 x64 system , again it does not claim "official" Win 7 support.

HDM10 will be coming - but I believe that is some months away.

Hope it helps

3. GrumpyAeroGuy

GrumpyAeroGuy Registered Member

I am currently running:

Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite 2009
    Paragon Drive Backup 10 Pro beta
    Paragon Virtualization Manager

All run on 7x64 and I have them installed on 7x64

I am sure other products do too, these are the only ones I have direct experience with.

4. Escalader

Hi SIW2!

Thanks.

FWIW, I believe Paragon will announce products for 7X64 very soon.

What I'm struggling at the moment with is probably just angst on my part. But if W7 Ultimate comes with some of these same imaging powers I may be buying/upgrading 3rd party SW that well how to say this that I don't need anymore.

My basic needs are simple:

1) Be able to partition my drive into at least 2, one for the o/s and programs the second for my user data

2) Be able to backup up whole system to external so I can recover from BSOD's quickly should that happen ( what am I saying it will happen!) Shot gun recovery

3) Be able to backup partitions and recover from external

4) Implement a backup and recovery process via scheduling them

4) Be able to backup and recover data files selectively (rifle shots)

5. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hi Escalader,

Hard Disk Manager 2009 works well in Windows 7 and can do all the task you've described. You get a complete partitioning tool, advanced backup abilities (scheduling, differential, capsule, etc) and immediate barebone recovery from a recovery disk.

We offer Backup & Recovery 10 Free edition and Partition Manager Express which have basic features. Definitely worth taking a look to get a feeling of the products and then decide if you need more features.

6. Escalader

I have the suite working in 64 bit windows 7 notebook.

Here are some questions you may not like:doubt: Anyway, here goes:

If I use W7 Ultimate and encrypt the whole drive, what will happen if I try to restore from the existing images from when the computer was NOT in encrypted mode?

Can I safely use drive encryption and paragon suite backup and recovery?
    In other words are their any incompatibilities us users to know about?

7. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.