What other Anti Virus program in conjunction with NOD32?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by diesel, May 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arin

Arin Registered Member

sorry for replying late Pigman, maybe i'm not that late but in this busy thread i lost your post. anyway here are two links for eTrust:

1. http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/
    2. http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/jumper.cfm?productName=Armor&productType=1

it still says they are giving away the Armor suite for free. that AV is the old version and with a firewall. but you can use that license with the new AV 6.2 here is the direct link if you have the license:

ftp://ftp.ca.com/pub/myeTrust/apps/EZAntivirus.exe

if you've already registered for Panda you can download the software. this is the link for registering for Panda:

http://www.pandasecurity.com/survey/

and here is the direct download link if you've already registered:

http://acs.pandasoftware.com/software/platinum7uk/platinum7.exe

i know this sounds lame but it won't hurt to try.

2. Arin

Arin Registered Member

dear Kobra, looks like you're very busy testing AVs. i tried that AVK once and it was good not to mention the memory utilisation. here i have a point to make. when you see a process from task manager it doesn't mean that its alone. there are child processes and they consume memory too. try running MSINFO32.EXE and you'll see how many files are loaded and how much memory they are consuming. Process Explorer is another tool that'll help you a lot. download it from www.sysinternals.com

one more thing i'd like to add. detecting ISN'T everything. detecting and cleaning successfully is what we seek isn't it? AVP engine is a serious piece of code. it can find so many viruses but there should be a good cleaning support. for example you'll find that detection rate of KAV and another product using AVP engine is almost the same. but when it comes to cleaning the difference shows up.

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Not at all. You might go for emptying yoyur browsers cache, deleting all board cookies an log in aftre doing so.

Right :)

No...

yes :)

Andreas Clementi performs respected tests as you are well aware of - reason enough to menton him. As for the "crap" remark: no one have stated this. Just some subtle comments have been posted.

Regards,

paul

4. Paul Wilders

Kobra,

..still awaiting for your emails in this regard. Always nice to have some proof of the pudding, apart from words ;)

regards.

paul

5. Kobra

Kobra Registered Member

Emails for what? That I had baddies pass right though that combo? Honestly, sharing private emails without the authors approval because someone is calling me a liar isn't something i'm fond of doing.

TDS, Kevin at BOC, and Fish at Ewido can chime in here anytime they want - thats much more preferable than me flooding out personal PM's and Emails they sent me.

Don't you think?

6. Paul Wilders

Right on spot!

It's up to you: providing your emails is enterily up to you, isn't it? ;). That would do - for starters.

In case you do believe the subject is worthwile: ask permission. In case you don't believe so: don't...

regards.

paul

7. --Nautilus--

--Nautilus-- Guest

"Andreas Clementi performs respected tests as you are well aware of - reason enough to menton him. As for the "crap" remark: no one have stated this. Just some subtle comments have been posted."

I have spoken to Andreas Clementi. Indeed ... his comments must have been quite "subtle" since he does not remember them at all ;-) But now he will familiarize himself with our tests which is good since we are always open to criticism.

Nautilus

8. Paul Wilders

Nautilus,

I haven't been referring to subtle remarks from Clementi ;)

Sounds good to me ;)

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.