What Online Armor Free Lacks....?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by wishacker, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wishacker

wishacker Registered Member

Hi.. all.. I am a newbie to this forums..:) I come across many firewalls (ZoneAlarm pro, Outpost Firewall Pro, Comodo Firewall, Norton Personal Firewall, Online Armor Free).. From my point of view, best paid firewall is Outpost and best free firewall is Comodo..

Very recently i come to know about Online Armor Free.. After using it, I realized its power:D .. But I feel it lacks one main feature,:( viz Attack Detection. Do the creator have any idea of including this feature in the coming version or totally denies ito_O ..? What you feel my friends..? Is this feature is really necessary..? If so, do anyone know the softwares that detect and prevent DOS(Denial of Services) Attacks and it should be used smoothly with Online Armor Free..?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Last someone asked about attack detection, Mike said "We plan to add some more advanced features in upcoming versions."

Maybe Ill go post to refresh his memory.

3. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

I think they need to create special subject on their public forum "gimme, gimme" and add there ability to vote for requsted features. Then everything goes plain simple. The more times a feature is requested the more priority it takes in "todo" list :)

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Note, that may be a significant feature. If Mike can do something with it, don't be too surprised if it only ends up in the paid version.

Pete

5. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

Sure, some balance should be kept. But after new advanced features appear some old one can migrate to free :)

6. wishacker

wishacker Registered Member

Intrusion Detection is the basic feature for a firewall.. I wish it could be available free in the forthcoming version...

7. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

Online Armor Free lacks control.

8. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

Agree. And as far as I know in free it is impossible to block particular IP address even in case you know it as a source of a flood. And even having full version I think flood detector should be added to the both as a basic feature. OK. Submitting wish-request :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.