What on earth does this mean?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by mommyof3lilones, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Due to problems with my ex's family I had to add a statcounter to my blog. Well, this came up as one of the pages visited by one of his sisters:

/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Local%20Settings/Temp/ecomp1.htm

and the other 16 hits from this girl just that one day alone have the same link but with ecomp1-1, ecomp1-2 and so on as the last bit. The very first time she did this it came up as /C:/Program%20Files/URLy%20Warning/comp.htm then starting coming up the other way I posted after that.

Does anyone know what is this? Is she hacking my computer or my server, or what? And how is she doing whatever it is that she's doing?

My main reason for worrying is because I have never seen these links before, this girl has started doing this same thing to the blogs of my friends (she got their links from my blog) AND is hitting my blog over 17 times a day AND doing online searches to see if I have new sites or to see if my screen name is listed on other sites so that she can see what I have said on there, if anything.. Although it may not be illegal it's invading what little bit of privacy I have left.

Any help, answers, or suggestions you can give me is greatly appreciated.

2. HD rider UK

HD rider UK Registered Member

Hi There

I am not too sure about this but I think that URLywarning is an application which alerts a user when a change is made to a website that they wish to monitor. If someone wanted to be informed each time a change was made to your blog, i understand that this app would enable them to do that. Click here for the results when I googled it.

HDriderUK

3. Thank you so much HD Rider, that would explain why she's hitting it almost immediately after I add a new post to the blog. I really appreciate the answer and will check the link you gave me for more information on the topic, I have worried myself sick over it for a week now. Thanks again :)!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.