What non-security software are you playing with currently?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bberkey1, Oct 25, 2013.

1. guest

guest Guest

Including 4.5? Anyway a few while ago I needed to install 3.5 to use a particular software, so sorry, but I disagree with you.

2. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

All .NET's are installed, but some older ones may need to be activated on Win 8X, and depending on updates, may reach out for some patched DLL's, but in general the core just needs to be activated through control panel.

To enable the .NET Framework 3.5 in Control Panel on Windows 8X.
    1. On the Start screen, type and then choose Control Panel. (To access the Start screen, press the Windows logo key http://i.msdn.microsoft.com/dynimg/IC721376.png on your keyboard.)

2. Choose Programs, and then choose Turn Windows features on or off.

3. Select the .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) check box.

3. guest

guest Guest

I dunno, it downloaded the .NET components so I assume that 3.5 was not built-in.

4. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

It is built-in Windows 8 system. It is just not enabled by default. You can either enable it as Mayahana suggested or download and install it when needed.

5. guest

guest Guest

Huh? So that 40MB download was for nothing?! *multiple headdesks* My bandwidth! D=<

----------------------------------

Audacity 2.0.6 stable had just been released I heard... after being stuck on 2.0.5 for a few years. Gotta play with the newest version when I have some spare time.

6. Hadron

Hadron Registered Member

I don't use burning software much these days, but I thought this thread would do to post the newly released:

CDBurnerXP v4.5.4.5118

Changelog
    Version 4.5.4.5118 - October 05, 2014
    • Fixed dialog "import session" is not properly RTL'd
    • Adjusted "boot options" dialog for RTL
    • Adjusted "disc spanning" dialog for RTL
    • Fixed RTL issue in "print cover" and fixed incorrect activation of controls in response to the selected radio buttons
    • Fixed message boxes not being right aligned with RTL
    • Fixed ArgumentException HandleSpecialFile when trying to add files from unsupported locations
    • Fixed potential ArgumentOutOfRangeException in custom disc size dialog
    • Fixed a potential NullReferenceException when closing the data compilation
    • Fixed a potential NullReferenceException when renaming folders
    • Fixed unnecessarily limiting number conversion in boot options dialog (sectors) which additionally results in an error

The developer normally posts a thread on this forum and locks it, so I will let him post the news in his own thread.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  7. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Facebook, LINE, Skype, Dolphin, Mipony, PicPick, Soft Organizer, Steam, UltraSearch, VLC, VirtualBox, SpeedFan, 7-Zip, CleanMem, Ditto, FastStone Image Viewer, Krita, Leawo Blu-ray Player, LibreOffice, FileMenu Tools, MediaHuman Lyrics Finder, MusicBrainz Picard, Process Hacker, ShanaEncoder, SmartPixel, SoftPerfect RAM Disk, Tor Browser Bundle, Unlocker, CCleaner, CDBurnerXP, MediaInfo, PosteRazor, VideoCacheView, X-Avidemux, uTorrent.

8. Infected

Infected Registered Member

Photoshop, Skype, nlite, movie maker, idm, chrome, ff, office, esword.

9. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I have many different programs installed, most of which I use very rarely. However, I use an old version of FlashGet quite a lot, to check for updates for about 120 different programs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.