What next?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by marse.robert, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

Hi,
    I have been operating TDS-3 for just two weeks and I am absolutely thrilled with this marvellous application.

Well, I have saved up some more pennies and I intend to purchase my next application, and this leads me to my question, What next? As stated, I have TDS-3 and I would like to have the new application to complement TDS-3.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

marse robert

2. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

I have heard some great things about Process Guard :)

3. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Alot of people here tout DCS products as the best of the best . Alot say that because that is what they have heard . They buy , THEN they realize just how RIGHT everyone was . IMHO , ProcessGuard is the next thing to add . Excellent application .

4. BourgePD

BourgePD Registered Member

There is truth to what you say. People get the word of how excellent DCS products are by various means and perhaps use a trial version to take the apps for a test ride themselves. That's the route I have taken with their products over the last five years.

Another critical issue is the customer service DCS provides. Of all the software vendors I have ever had contact with, DCS has been #1 in every category I could possibly think of bar none.

Personally, my recommendation would be to try their products in the following order:

1) Process Guard, 2) WormGuard, 3) Port Explorer, 4)TDS

If forced to select one security product on my machine to keep of all I use, Process Guard would be my #1 choice. But that's just me.

IMO, you'll be as satisfied with DCS products as I and others are. Take care and have fun!

:D

5. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Oh my . My fault . You are soooooooooo right my feathered friend ! DCS customer service is second to none ! And a company this small with so many great products speaks volumes for them

6. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

i would get a firewall or an anti-virus.

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello Marse Robert,
    Welcome to the forum and congratulations with your best buy in years!
    After ProcessGuard and the other products get the free tools as well in your toolkit.
    If DCS would have a firewall i would recommend to try that one but they haven't built one. You do have one and an anti-virus i hope? And a good registry protection. Etc etc... layered protection.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  8. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I'll add to what has already been said, that you can't go wrong with Process Guard 3, brilliant application.

Cheers :D

9. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi,

Yes, I would agree with all of the comments regarding DCS's products and support. I agree that PG would be the next step. After that, I find that RegDefend is my next most important product (I am using KAV as an AV). This setup creates a very strong proactive security defense.

Rich

10. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

That's a good way to hammer your system very tight in the layered protection.
    Did we mention Port Explorer to look well at your ports and connections, unveiling immediately possible unwanted connections too?

11. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

With Process Guard technicaly, you won't even need an AV/AT
    Dolf

12. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

yea, but i have PG and i use them anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.