What Nationality is the WEBROOT SECURITY ANYWHERE and where is the Cloud server?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by GrammatonCleric, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

We have offices around the world (Colorado, England, Ireland, San Diego, San Mateo, Sydney, Tokyo, to name a few) and servers around the world - there is no one location, although Webroot's headquarters are in Colorado in the US.

3. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

I was very happy to see this investment in my home town recently. A great choice :thumb: :D
    http://www.webroot.com/En_US/pr/mom...and-channel-investment-in-ireland-020812.html

4. m0unds

m0unds Guest

just outside my hometown of boulder, co :)

5. PrevxHelp

We used to have an office in Boulder but we outgrew it and are now in a large building in Broomfield. :)

6. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

Thanks!

Good to know.

Main reason for asking is since you basically know everything there is to know about a PC and you keep it in the cloud, I want to make sure that the nation in charge of that data is not willing to use it against the person for personal prosecution etc...i.e. China or other opressive nation using the knowledge of your PC against the user. And don't give me the BS that if you had an office in China that you won't release the data, it's China, they don't give a rats ass who owns the office on their land, it's their land and the data is up for grabs if they really want it. Afterall it's not a Foreign embassy in China so the land that the office is located on is Chinese with all the rights of their land, search and seizure.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  7. PrevxHelp

We don't have an office in China or a datacenter in China, so you don't have to worry :)

8. m0unds

m0unds Guest

i remember seeing a webroot logo on a building at or near interlocken the last time i was up there for work; good place for a corporate office :)

9. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

That's it ;)

10. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yes I tried to locate the building on google maps but apparantly it wasn't built yet at that moment the image was taken. :D

11. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

if you go on maps.google.com and search for "Webroot, CO", you'll easily find it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.