What Monitor Is Common For Members Now

Discussion in 'polls' started by EASTER, Nov 9, 2008.

?

Do You Use Flat Screens Monitors or Picture Tube Types Still

Poll closed Dec 4, 2008.
  1. I use Flat Sceen Monitors Only Now

46 vote(s)
    82.1%
  2. I Still Depend Only Picture Tube Types

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. I use both but really favor Flat Screens

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  4. I use both but still prefer Picture Tube Types

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

This poll is formed to determine how far along PC users have come or not when it comes to picture tube types compared to todays modern flat screen types.

Most banks i walk into still for the most part still use the old types where some have modernized up to space saving flat screens.

It's meant to be a comparison of sorts just to see how far along todays particular hardware screen componant monitors now compare to todays flat ones and what all of us have long depended on with those bulky type of space screens that always took up a lot of table space.

Thanks EASTER

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Wife has 2 LCDs. A 19" and a 22" wide screen. I still run a 21" CRT. How ever I have been planning on a new 24" LCD for myself. After seeing the 22" WS I got for her I believe that will be my next purchase.

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Its widescreen LCD's all the way for me now. Currently have 32" BenQ and a 22" Dell. I still have an old 14" HP CRT monitor in the cupboard for nostalgic reasons :).

4. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

I have one CRT, one flat, when the CRT goes, I will buy a flat.

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Changed home computers to LCD screens years ago
    At office we run dual LCDs
    Most of my small business clients have also made the change to LCD screens a few years ago. All new hardware sold to clients are with LCD screens.

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello,
    My parents use a 19inch dell flat screen.
    I use a 17inch flat screen.

when my 17inch screen on my old pc broke the companie said they wouldnt replace it then the day after my parents ordered a new screen they said they would. so i got the 17inch screen for myself. for around a week when i had to use a 17inch CRT it hurt my eyes.

7. demonon

demonon Guest

Flatscreen all the way. We have 2 22 inch monitors and a very nice 40 inch sony bravia. So much nicer.

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Flats only here now.

IMHO they should have been commonplace for years now & easily within reasonable reach (price) for every PC user to have them, since, they save incredible space, no space-wasting picture tube type of display apparatus or heat radiation they give off.

The flats are so much better digital eye friendly and run cooler then their predecessors, so forth and so on. Such as lighter in weight too.

9. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Still using my old Sony Trinitron 19" crt. No other reason than procrastination. :rolleyes: :D

My friends still have a good chuckle when they see it. :argh:

snowbound

10. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

I'm still using CRTs. A flat screen would be nice and I'll probably get one when this monitor gives out, but this one is only a couple of years old. Might be a while.

11. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Switched from 15" CRT to 22" widescreen LCD when I set up new Intel Quad Core Q6600 system 14 months ago. No going back. :D

12. axial

axial Registered Member

Last week there were reports about a price-fixing court case in the U.S. against major mfgs:

LG, Sharp, Chunghwa admit to LCD price fixing

13. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I was forced to buy LCD, so I picked LG L1970HR and in the future I will be forced to buy wide LCD, so I will think about LG W2252TQ.
    CRT are still much more better than LCD, their only minus is power consumption, but you can not buy quality CRT anywhere these days.

14. progress

progress Guest

I have a laptop ;)

15. Arup

Arup Guest

I am a dinosaur....CRT only, rest looks fake to me. Hanging on to my three CRTs as I know they are all but history. My ancient 21' SONY which has no equal, my equally trusty NEC 19" and newly acquired cheap but surprisingly good AOC 17".

16. Arup

Arup Guest

Tom,

Look into the AOC CRT range. http://www.nam.aocdisplay.com/aoc/index.html

17. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

18. demonon

demonon Guest

I agree with all of the above and the newer models of flatscreens also consume less juice then older types of televisions.

19. Dude111

Dude111 Registered Member

I prefer older monitors (TV like (They look better))

20. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

I have a CRT and a flat ... both work fine.

21. Dude111

Dude111 Registered Member

Yes but the CRTs look better :)

22. The one downside of an LCD, as far as I'm concerned, is that gamma changes with viewing angle so it's no good for certain photographic work. Other than that... LCD all the way.

23. Wildest

Wildest Registered Member

I don't know how many audiophiles are here on this forum, but the difference between LCD and cathode-ray is similar to the difference between vacuum tube amplification and transistor amplification.

Only a true purist will understand why any LCD panel is a poor comparison to a top-shelf cathode ray display.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.