What made you come to these forums?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Pretender, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

My pleasure ;)

regards.

paul

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2004
  2. junglejeb

junglejeb Registered Member

Hello All, I heard about Spyware Guard from a group I belong to. They said it was part of SpywareBlaster, so I came here to find out for sure. I haven't yet tho. I did find these forums tho and I was happy to register, as SpywareBlaster has saved me deep grief and misery and I try to learn as much as I can about security. Thank You Kindly junglejeb :oops:

3. Paul Wilders

Welcome aboard, junglejeb ;)

regards.

paul

4. tutankamon

tutankamon Registered Member

Hi all,
    I heard about TDS3 and the other products, so tried the evaluation programs, and by visiting these forums was able to learn a lot more than just reading the Help files. I am now a registered user of TDS3, Port Explorer, and am trying Wormguard, I find these forums very helpful

5. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

There are a wide variety of individuals here and everyone is concerned about helping out others it seems. It's a great board to take part in.

6. jargonize

jargonize Registered Member

a guy, by the name of bill gates asked me to come here and spy for him!

7. donsan709

donsan709 Registered Member

This a great forum and i have learned alot about security just by coming here and learning about all the new security programs that are available and how to use them.There are a lot of great people here that spend a lot of thier time to help others and i thank all of you for that.

8. Paul Wilders

No way - Bill is a very dedicated moderator over here (No, I'm not going to reveal his nick!). He has no need for spies at all ;)

regards.

paul

9. mariner

mariner Registered Member

I came here to thank you for SpywareGuard and SpywareBlaster.
    I first learned of your programs courtesy of SWI and, after downloading Spybot S & D, decided to do what l should have done a long time ago, i.e. use your programs.

I've been hopping around all over the place just to see how much junk they keep out. Boy, what a revelation. Made a donation within minutes. Very impressed and very pleased. One happy bunny. :D

Regards

Richard

10. Paul Wilders

Welcome, mariner ;)

regards.

paul

11. doug6949

doug6949 Registered Member

I get lost on the way to the bathroom so I could not begin to tell you how I got here. Probably had something to do with the incompatabilities of W2K/NAV/ZAP updates that plagued me after msblast. I am now using W2K/NOD32/Kerio and a Linksys router. No more problems.

12. subratam

subratam Registered Member

hey Fire,
    its nice to be without probz....
    ;)
    see that u dun stop posting here ... though

13. Pretender

Welcome to the boards. Those programs are courtesy of the amazing Javacool and Wilders is great for allowing him his justified area on the board. Let us know if we can help. Oh yeah, figured you should start out with a tad bit of Karma so........

14. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi all from a "newbie",

I'd been having problems with things that were slipping past AdAware (I've got the freeware version, no resident protection, just on-demand disk scans). A friend at the avast forums, where I'm relatively new but also relatively active, recommended I add SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard to my tools, which I did yesterday. And while here, signed up for the forums (fora?) too.

Probably won't be too active here -- I obviously haven't acquired much experience with either program yet. But the SpywareBlaster looks like it doesn't require a bit of attention, other than periodically checking for updates.

Best to all,
    Mike

15. Pretender

You provided more reason to be here. We are all learning!

16. little eagle

little eagle Registered Member

Need help this stuff is all new to me.Its hard to believe that people like you are out there. to help and for no apperent reason..........tks. you guys are well needed.

17. Zhen-Xjell

Zhen-Xjell Security Expert

Maybe Paul can jump in because I cannot recall exactly why I came. Paul and I became friends and we've talked a bit on the phone too. I went over to the old EZBoard forums and then installed the old Yabb perl forums. Then was part of the upgrade to the SE. I used to make modifications to the code until I got busy with my life. Paul's a swell guy.. must be the name. ;)

18. Paul Wilders

Zhen,

Jumping in...I don't recall the exact date either :rolleyes: - We're talking years here ;).

Thanks for the compliment - must have something to do with the first name indeed :D

regards.

paul

19. Zhen-Xjell

Zhen-Xjell Security Expert

I recall when I was out of work and you were trying to get me hooked up with a security company.

20. Paul Wilders

Indeed I did - in case a friend lost his job, I will do everything to help him out, using my network. Hard to deny it, since you just go public :rolleyes:. That's what friends are for. Anyway: in the end you landed elsewhere, due only to your capacities :cool:.

Take good care my friend,

paul

21. Pretender

Thanksssss For the Memories........................ :D

22. Pretender

You know, this has become a popular post. I wonder if I gave away free software.........hmmmmmmmmmm?.........whoops!........Can't give it away if I don't got it................Oh Well..........Glad to see that Wilders is flourishing. ;)

23. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

I too, remember the days of Paul (Zhen-Xjell) ;) .... Seems like only yesterday, but yet so long ago :D ....

Regards,
    Kent

24. Rio Djinero

Rio Djinero Guest

Wilders knocks my socks on my ass

jest wanted to thank all you moderators for your service. I only knew a little about internet security/vulnerabilities but you provided a portal to loads of info. wanted to thank you for pointing me to CWS shred, saved me a lot of regedit leg work. didn't even need to post... just read. knew something was up after dumass roomate installed kazaa and who knows what else. thanks again and keep it up!!! :D

25. FreePatriot

FreePatriot Registered Member

I heard about this site from another computer forum.There is alot of good info here.I'm glad I checked it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.