What Laptop is very suitable and best for internet surfing?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I haven’t own a laptop yet, and maybe I’m asking like a little boy here. But I’m very curious if there are some kind (or brand/s) of laptops available that are more suitable for internet surfing, chat and checking E-Mails. Maybe some laptops are more suitable for business and some can be much better for software programmers, you know what I mean don’t ya? One of my friends in Colorado even says that even a Celeron w/ 550 MHz speed is just fine coz it really depends on the ISP and not on the Laptop power. But some “experts” says that a Laptop must have an at least 1.5 GHz speed w/ a 512MB RAM to surf the net at its best. I didn’t have much time/money to test different Laptops on the scene. Pls help.
    :doubt: :-*

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

any modern laptop should be fine. a laptop doesnt affect the internet speed, only the speed at which u can start windows and ur programs. a laptop with 256mb and a celeron m or better should be ok.

3. myluvnttl

myluvnttl Registered Member

Any computer would do, even a 166MHZ with a meg will be ok to surf the net, even for a cable or DSL. :eek: I did that for 3 years until I got my self a 2gig Notebook. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.