what kind of video card

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by wowie, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wowie

wowie Registered Member

Hi, I would like to upgrade my video card, it's an onboard one, because I just bought a new Samsung 930B,19" Flat Panel monitor. I have no idea what kind of video card would be best for my computer. Here's all the pertinent info on my computer. I have a 2.4 Celeron processor, With a TriGem Brookdale-GI845GL motherboard. My graphics controller is an Intel 82845G. I have Windows XP Pro, with SP2, 512 DDR PC2100 Ram, with a 250W Power Supply. My concern in upgrading the video card is that I would have to buy another, bigger power supply. Could someone please suggest a video card that would work with my computer? Also, I have made sure my chipset has all the latest updates, and other drivers have been updated as well. Thanks for any help you can give me. wowie

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

if im correct, u want a video card so u can hook up ur LCD with a DVI connection, right?

for a cheap card (that wont need a PSU upgrade) u can choose among the following (sub-$75) AGP cards:

radeon 9250
    radeon 9550
    radeon 9600
    radeon 9800se
    geforce fx5200
    geforce fx5500
    geforce fx5700le
    geforce 6200

theres of course, more powerful cards, but u didnt specify if u play games and ur comp is a bit on the low-end, past-past generation.

3. wowie

wowie Registered Member

Hi WSFuser, Thanks so much for the help! You've given me exactly what I was looking for! I don't game, basic use of puter, so this is very helpful! I've seen lots of these cards on ebay, just didn't know which way to go! Thanks again for you're help, and you're fast response! Have a great week ! wowie

4. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.