What kind of songs do you like to listen to?

Discussion in 'polls' started by nadirah, Jun 14, 2004.

?

What kind of songs do you like to listen to?

1. Rock

24 vote(s)
    63.2%
  2. Pop

15 vote(s)
    39.5%
  3. Country

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  4. Jazz

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  5. Christian

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  6. Classical

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

I just have to add Elvis to my list. I'm sure I forgot other big ones, but I'll stop there because I could go on and on. :D

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. Super group if ever there was one. Harmony was out of this world.

3. ssgtmax

ssgtmax Registered Member

....and still is. One of the endearing qualities of good music (whatever your favorite may be) is that it is timeless. ;) :)

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

We just have to keep David Crosby from shooting himself in the foot! :D

5. ssgtmax

ssgtmax Registered Member

Ol' Dave has always done pretty much whatever he wanted to do, though age & a liver transplant surely must have slowed him down by now! :D :D

6. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Hey All!!

This is great to talk about music, songs, jamms, riffs, whatever you want to call them, movements, concertos, swan songs, torch songs, polkas, salsas, limbos, OK! Right now, I draw the line at Limboooo-ouchs! Let's see, MVDU(sp?), are you a DJ somewhere? I love music, but, you have it categorized, sized, and mini=zized for our comsumption!! That is the problem with music lovers, there is sooo much it boggles the mind! Bellgamin, Classical music, hey, it's been around forever, it should get more respect, maybe if children got more classical arts in the pre-school to middle school? After all, that's where most of the modern(?) music gets it roots, right? Oh, and Doris Day?? Folks, she was downright "Torchy", before she became a professional, how about, beard?
    Dinvico, Greyfox, Jim IT - I remember those old songs sung by uncles, aunts, Greats, and parents, I really thiink the generation of Jim IT's daughter will say, HEY!! this is great music, these are great songs, they are positive, uplifting, promising, we can DO BETTER!! LOL!! That's how music evolves, it seems, skips one, hopefully no more than two, but, it is going to take the very next generation to wean their peers off - Loud Bass, one beat off in mimicing a heartbeat- which anytime a heartbeat is off, it causes all kinds of behavior. Even if you don't like it, do you find yourself rocking or moving with the beat? And you convince yourself ir's fun!!
    Enough, ssgtmax, my loaner puter doesn't show pix, WHO was the winner of the best songwriters?!?!?
    This loaner also doesn't link or play music(horror!), so I THINK I am talking about the same 15 year old Renee? How about that young English rocker, I think, MO? who sings and rocks Janis Joplin and a 100 other blues/rocker chicks out of the gravity pool!?!? Norah Jones, I love listening to her, when you just want to drift? Don't bring me anymore troubles? Diana Krall, is older, but Her new album should waken people up to her!
    Maybe I'm wrong, but, I think music is just hibernating, it always comes when we need it, and by all accounts, there are some young people who can wake it up!!:D
    Then we will be - Turn that down, you call that music?, what did I pay for those lessons for? But, it's all in the game!! I am sure they will change it to "fun"!!

Happy Tunes!!
    Marja:cool:

7. Vaudeville

Vaudeville Registered Member

Hmm, I didn't vote because my favorite of genre of music wasn't posted there but if I chose from these I would have to go with Rock (Metal) also. Not newer metal though ..

8. dirty_mic

dirty_mic Registered Member

I'm a big fan of all good music however i encureg you to listen to N.P.R.streem :cool: it's good for the heart....

9. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hi nadirah
    it really depends on my mood.i love all different types of music.i guess old time rock and roll is my fave though
    rita

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.