What kind of attack was this?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by CreepyKangaroo, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CreepyKangaroo

CreepyKangaroo Registered Member

The most recent attack on my PC...~>

[ 4/29/2009 9:11:42 AM HTTP filter file ~INSERT WEB ADDRESS~ HTML/TrojanDownloader.Agent.OV trojan connection terminated - quarantined Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: E:\Firefox Setup 3.0\Installed\firefox.exe. ]

This is what my NOD 32 antivirus log said. I know I didn't see any download request. I was just browsing. I had several tabs open so I am not sure which page was it and I definitely wasn't on any ultra-fishy site. Now I'm not sure what kind of attack it was. Could it be a drive-by-download that can auto-execute itself?

Any input is welcome...:)

PS:The log also includes a link to the attack source and I can send it via PM if anyone is interested...

2. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Pm me the link, I'm tryin out a new setup so.....send it on over :D

Definately sounds like a drive by download to me.

3. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

It's probably an iframe/obfuscated script, PM me the link and I'll dig a bit.

4. Boost

Boost Registered Member

I checked it out,site is not available,looks like a rogue antivirus type site from the description of it.

5. CreepyKangaroo

CreepyKangaroo Registered Member

Looks like the site is down...!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.