What is your security setup these days?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dja2k, Dec 15, 2005.

1. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

LOL....
  2. 1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult Registered Member

Skype has ads and was annoying. Well since I got it for free as part of that EAM promo, I thought I would try it out and I like it. What I will do once the license expires, who knows. I will let you know next year :D
  3. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Why would you support Emsisoft? Like they don't offer lifetime licenses so development and support ending for their products are not a threat. Also they pulled out of tests so that they can invest that money and concentrate on their development and improvement of their products. They provide solid products and the number of customers are increasing each day. They don't need support like Tzuk and Marcin do.
  4. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Ah! I see.
  5. 1chaoticadult

I support them because I like their programs and I use them , is that so hard to understand my friend lol... We are getting off topic better talk about this elsewhere.
  6. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Do you have a XP system on any of your pcs? If so what will you do when the support for xp ends in 2 years? What OS and what setup?
  7. 1chaoticadult

Nope. I haven't use XP in years.
  8. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Okay I don't want this thread to be closed so I will not continue with this off-topic. I just wanna say I think I've made my point in that post my dear friend. Now I wanna ask you this- is that so hard to understand my friend? LOL
  9. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I plan in using a linux os like unbuntu. I'll use that pc for online shopping and banking only. So then my setup would be - just ubuntu! LOL
  10. WSFfan

WSFfan Registered Member

Rollback Rx|Sandboxie|EAM
  11. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

What do you use as a firewall? I would recommend HitmanPro, Norton ConnectSafe and a good imaging software with WinPE bootable media just in case.
  12. vodomar

vodomar Registered Member

ESS 5
    SRP,UAC,EMET,LUA,Norton DNS
    On-demand:mbam free,EAM 6,SAS and Hitman PRO(free)
    Last edited: May 12, 2012
  13. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Family PC. Crome with Ghostery and F-Prot AV with Online Armor Premium and Hitman Pro.
  14. 1chaoticadult

F-Prot wow. I haven't heard that that name in a while. How is F-Prot these days?
  15. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Not to steal d's thunder but I tried F-prot under a trial for my kids computer and it worked really good. I actually liked the GUI and the protection was great. It think that it routinely gets VB100 awards and places well on AV tests. It was a little heavy (70k. I think) but nothing that a desktop can't handle.
  16. 1chaoticadult

Thanks kjdemuth. I might test it in a VM as it could be an alternative AV to MSE for some people I know.
  17. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

18. Spruce

Spruce Registered Member

Back to ESET after trying several others for a while, ESET is the lightest and most trouble free suite from my experience and it's quite solid aswell :)
  19. Dark Shadow

Haven't not tested it against real malware but I like the Gui and is very simple to use.I figured I give it ago again since it's been some years I last tried it.It is running well so far and light.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  20. 1chaoticadult

Thanks djohn. Good to know that is light and running well.
  21. Dark Shadow

22. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! Ikarus Virus Utilities...WSA Essentials...Private Firewall. Sincerely...Securon
  23. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

what's in my sig.....it's not gonna change for a long long time........
  24. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

How do you like Ikarus my good friend?
  25. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! ams963...Ikarus is an app I keep returning too. It's simply effective and very user friendly. Sincerely...Securon