What is your data backup strategy?

Discussion in 'polls' started by Dazed_and_Confused, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nighthawk77

nighthawk77 Guest

Question: If you have Norton Ghost can you copy the entire contents of your hard drive and just reinstall it later if you have a problem? But do you have to erase what's on the hard drive first or will it just automatically overwrite everything? And is this an easy process? By that i mean do you just install your dvd (or whatever your using) and run it and it's done or are there many complicated steps involved to restoring a full system backup such as this? Thanks.

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

3. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

My computer manufacturer has given me a very powerful recovery program in case my comp goes down. I always defragmant and scan for spyware daily. I'm special, i don't need to bother about backing up my data because i don't have any data that is at risk. I am actually in charge of my computer, and i always inspect every single bit of my comp to ensure there ain't any probs. When i detect one tiny problem with my comp, I will immediately fix the prob as fast as i can.

4. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

Constantly have at least two HDs with seperate OS installs and backup all important things to seperate partitions + CDs

5. Mr2cents

Mr2cents Registered Member

I keep all important files and program installers backed up on cd's.

6. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Ext. 80Gb Seagate HDD and Norton Ghost. Cloned weekly.

7. gud4u

gud4u Registered Member

I regularly image two partitions, OS and DATA, to DVD media, using Terabyte 'Image for DOS'.

Works great. I've successfully restored my OS partition several times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.