What is Windows Installer? It keeps trying to install every time i turn my comp on

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cheater87, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

This is getting very annoying. I found it in the add/remove thing if i remove it will it damage my computer. The only way to stop it is to go to the task manager and close it down.

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

3. cheater87

Re: What is Windows Installer? It keeps trying to installe very time i turn my comp o

i have no idea i turned my computer on and it popped up saying it was trying to install it fails then keeps trying

4. ravin

ravin Registered Member

Re: What is Windows Installer? It keeps trying to installe very time i turn my comp on

in the event your not sure which and what is installed. download microsoft base line security analyzer from microsoft to see what's missing or incrorrectly configured. hope that helps.

5. cheater87

Re: What is Windows Installer? It keeps trying to installe very time i turn my comp o

can i have a link to that i can't find it

6. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Re: What is Windows Installer? It keeps trying to installe very time i turn my comp on

the link

7. cheater87

the scan could not be complete

8. ravin

ravin Registered Member

do you mean scan incomplete or scan could not be completed. right click your computer icon and select user profiles and check for unknown accounts. let us know if their are any. also are you on a domain network?

9. cheater87

incomplete scan it could not download the updates

10. ravin

ravin Registered Member

your current security settings may be a bit to tight? did you get a notification of blocking by any of your security software? you may need to try turning off one or more of your software to allow the updates from microsoft to download. also their should be alink to pick for the forum and questions and answers on unable to download updates.

11. cheater87

Re: What is Windows Installer? It keeps trying to install every time i turn my comp o

disabled some thing and its still not working and NOW its trying to install Word Perfect when it is installed WTFo_O?

12. cheater87

YAY I fixed my computer

It kept popping up a message saying that something was trying to install that was installed already so i uninstalled it and ran a reg cleaner and it stopped popping up. Sorry if this doestn't seem important im just happy i fixed it.

13. King FN Kong

King FN Kong Registered Member

I used to have the same problem. Every now and then a pop up would tell me to put in my Office Cd.

I reformatted.

14. True Orient

True Orient Registered Member

Re: What is Windows Installer? It keeps trying to install every time i turn my comp o

Download this utility from MS... Amazingly, it'll work.

Msicuu.exe: Windows Installer Cleanup Utility

This GUI tool, the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility named Msicuu, safely removes Windows Installer-related registry settings from computers in the event of a problem. This tool allows you to select one or more Windows Installer programs from a dialog box and remove registry items that are related to the Windows Installer for the program or programs selected. The tool does not remove the Windows Installer; nor does it remove files of any Windows Installer programs such as Office 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.