What is uldcserv ?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Rainwalker, Apr 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Greetings...i have been having all kinds of problems with xp..........
    can not get spybote updates to load........ewido reports all is well as does anti virus................internal clock is off....just installed a firewall 30 day trial a few days ago then it shut down yesterday saying time is up.........did the largo proxy test and it reported that clock was 7 hours off........clock in tray was correct..........looked up ulddcserv and the only info was in Italian and at a glance it did not look good........what is it and how do i remove it from registry as it is not in the startup folder so i turn it off w/task manager........also, i have blocked that auto time check/set program.........maybe this screwed things up o_O o_O

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi Rainwalker,

Tried googling uldcserv and came up with nothing. o_O

Just to reinterate, is that the correct spelling(also noticed u spelt it ulddcserv in your post which also turned up zilch)?

snowbound

3. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

4. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi Rainwalker,

If your system is losing time (at the BIOS level), you may need to replace the motherboard battery. It is not unusual for trial software to expire if time settings appear to be tampered with.

Use Autoruns to determine where the autostart entry of the mystery process is located. You can use Autoruns to disable the entry as well.

Nick

5. Rainwalker

Thanks Don....your link did not work but thanks to PG i was able to see that it is ok.
    Thanks Nick....very nice tool.
    :D

6. Rainwalker

I am thinking it does not matter if i turn off 'Windows Time' in services....am i correct ?

7. nick s

nick s Registered Member

I never use the Windows Time service. I have a third-party app that is run automatically once a day and then goes away.

Nick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.