What is this?

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by Acadia, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I was just about to purchase Returnil, well, download a trial first, but upon reading the FAQs noticed that Returnil needs to be renewed every year just like a virus scanner. :thumbd: Are all of these type programs like this, for example, PowerShadow, ShadowSurfer, etc, etc? Are there any, besides Microsoft's SteadyState, that will not charge an annual subscription fee.

Thank you,
    Acadia

2. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

I seem to remember Coldmoon answering a similar question on the old Returnil forum at Castle Cops to the effect that it is ensure that people using the free version cannot keep using an old and totally outdated version. GeSWall operate a similar set up with their free version.

3. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Thanks, Dark Star, but I am talking about their "pay for" premium version, looks like I have to subscribe for a fee every year just to keep it alive and working. (Someone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong). Looks like Faronic's Deep Freeze also operates the same way, you need to send them money every year. Evidently you do not "purchase" these programs, just borrow them. Again, besides SteadyState which is for free, are there any or these programs that I can purchase "for keeps"?. :(

Acadia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.