What is this?????

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Peaches4U, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

The following arrived in my email inbox ...

Subject: InterScan NT Alert

Would you open this email ?.. viewing properties does not tell me much unless I go into details but if this is a fake and I go into details, I may trigger something nasty. I do not understand the reason for this message if it were legit. Would it mean an email delivery failure? I have had failed delivery notices but not like this one, if that is what it is. Any ideas? o_O

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Peaches4U,

I have more failed delivery notices in my mail then real Worms, but they all have the same cause. If it is unknown and unsollicited, delete it.

Regards,

Pieter

3. Peaches4U

My suspicions, I think proved right. I checked my ZAP log and Mailsafe quarantined an attachment [altered extension] at the exact same time this email arrived. I only had 2 emails at that time and one was plain text from a known source, which was opened and okay. Just thought I would let you know unless someone can come up with another answer. :)

Thank you Pieter ... you have confirmed my suspicions.

4. Marianna

Marianna Spyware Fighter

5. Peaches4U

Whew!! Thank you Marianna. Within the last 3 days I was bombed with virus laden emails. 6 were from the day before yesterday, then 2 yesterday and one today. I checked out the subject lines with Symantec and the worms were identified. so it was DELETE, DELETE!! :D
    These viruses/worms may be coming from people who have me on their email list or from who knows where. My ZAP's mailsafe feature is great as it quarantined the attachment automatically before I even knew about it. I just :-* my ZAP software.... worth every penny.

6. Marianna

Marianna Spyware Fighter

Hi Peaches,

You're Welcome :)

Keep up the good work :D

7. Peaches4U

Hi Marianna - Thanks and have a peek at the Ten-Forward forum and peek at the Canadian Winters topic .... we gals need another female on the team.... ;)

8. Marianna

Marianna Spyware Fighter

Hi Peaches,

Thanks for the tip - I should like...... but........ I have a dentist appointment today and he has to pull ALL my teeth - yikes - some chronic disease - have to "survive" that one first :D after that have to learn "eating" with a straw for a while - but will then show up "more often" :cool: Hey, it's getting "warmer" here only minus 9 ºC with more snow coming - almost time to get my shorts out :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.