What is this in my scan??

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Jula9600, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jula9600

Jula9600 Registered Member

C:\Users\Julie\Downloads\64bit\SICTOOL\SICBASE.DAT » ZIP » SICBASE.PTN - error - password-protected file

What is that?? Any help??

2. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

Did you ever have Trend Micro installed on your PC?

Regards,

Mark

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

4. Jula9600

Yes. I had installed hijackthis a couple of days ago, recorded and submitted a log to their forum but since then realized I had installed my new NOD32 while other AV's were still not completely cleaned up on my PC so I made sure to uninstall NOD32, use the uninstall link on ESET for cleanup of previous AV programs, including Trend Micro, then reinstalled NOD32 after using CCleaner for complete reg issue removal. Should I have done something differently?? Thanks for the help!

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

If you submitted a HijackThis Log to a Forum recently were the findings positive or not - meaning was the thread were you submitted your log signed off as clean by an expert ?

Since Wilders does not support HijackThis logs, I cannot ask you for the link, please advise if the log submission was clean.

Ensure Trend is fully uninstalled via the link in my prior reply.

I would not have used CCleaner to do any of this but that is my personal preference, these third party tools should not be used unless there is a specific issue that requires repair with this tool.

Follow these instructions in order to successfully install your ESET software.

6. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

Maybe I'm reading this wrong. But the user posted what appears to be a line from an ESET ScanLog. It appears the issue is that ESET cannot expand the compressed file to scan it, hence the error "password-protected file". Due to the fact that this does not appear to be a critical Windows file and the file is located in a "Downloads" folder, I would assume the file could be moved to the Recycle bin and then confirm that there isn't any harm from removing it.

7. Jula9600

Thank you both for your responses. I will uninstall my NOD32 again, use the cleanup tool for Trend Micro and reinstall.

I have not heard back yet regarding my hijackthis log but after MBAM found Trojan.banker and malware.trace following a complete system crash, I am concerned about ensureing the are completely removed.

Is it absolutely necessary to remove the ESET folder from Program Data? I don't have access to that folder in Windows 7. It's greyed out. Is it possible to disregard this portion of the uninstall directions or should I contact Windows Support to find a way to do this?
    Thank you again for your kind help!

Julie

8. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

There shouldn't be any problems if you don't delete the Program Data folder. What do you mean by greyed out? Are you running in an administrator account? What version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus are you using?

Regards,

Mark

9. Jula9600

NOD32 version 4.2
    My apologies, yes I am running as admin and even though its is grayed out, as in the color ( or lack of, rather) of an option button when it is inaccessible at the current time for whatever reason. It was a stupid assumption that this made in inaccessible, in hindsight!
    Thank you very much for all of your help. It is much appreciated!

Julie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.