What is the worst that can happen when installing incompatible RAM?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by BlackScarletLove, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

:argh: Yeah right. Anybody can go back to the beginning of this thread and follow it through to see who had the cow, who spewed falsehoods, and who turned it into a mess. Anyone can visit the sites of MemTest86 and MemTest86+ and see the facts and verify for themselves that MemTest86 is still under development with recent updates while MemTest86+ development stalled out several years ago. A visit to their respective forums shows the same thing.

But if it makes you feel better, crawfish, it is true that it was I who noted the off-shoot, MemTest86+, is no longer under development with no current updates, and it was I who noted the original program, MemTest86, is still under development with current updates. So my bad! o_O

So clearly, it was my fault and I apologize to Wilders Security readers for informing them of those facts, and to you, crawfish, for throwing you into a hissy-fit. :rolleyes:

I will no longer be following this thread so continue your tirade of puerile personal insults and criticisms, if you wish. I'll bother you no longer on this subject, nor will I contribute further to this mess.

Have a good day.

2. NorCal Native

NorCal Native Registered Member

Creation of a Black Hole and the total destruction of the Earth! Don't do it!

Just kidding. Worst case scenario? Stops at BIOS.

3. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

You push the button to turn the box on and nothing happens... more than likely.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.