What is the difference between Online Armor and COMODO?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by truthseeker, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

As for me, it is important that OA detects and blocks ALL the kinds of known keyloggers and gives a fast way to trust/untrust the computers on the LAN (paid version only).

2. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

Apropos nothing in particular, I think O.A has nicer people running it
    :D :D :D

3. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

No question OA has nice people. Of course I'm sure their goal is to make money as well, but because of the nice people and the level of user help, it should make OA a very good choice for ones security software.

4. truthseeker

truthseeker Former Poster

Well, let's see the OA Vista version then :) I am waiting ;)

5. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

:) So am I :) It will be released as soon as we can

6. ahriman

ahriman Registered Member

I use the paid version of OA and highly recommend it! When the Vista x64 version comes out I'll buy that too.

7. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

I agree with you. Everyboby should test for themselves any firewall they intend to use. For instance, if I would only look here for advice, I would be led to belive Comodo is the best firewall in the world (many people speak nicely of it). But when I tested it for myself, I discovered that it doesn't fit all my nedds. Same thing can be said about OA. So, see for yourself first, and take the posts in here as an advice rather than a definitive solution.

8. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

Diiferent strokes for different folks. I used Comodo for awhile then switched to OA 85. It ran great for awhile then started eating my cpu and was locking up my pc. Also the GUI is the same color throughout. So for somebody like me who has over 200 programs listed its hard to find a program since they are all the same color and no icons. Yes they are listed alphabetically but I just didn't care for it. Comodo on the other hand is far from perfect with the D+ pop ups and pending files. Comodo is just easier for me and I can double click my desktop icon to bring out the GUI instead of right clicking the taskbar icon since most of the time its auto hidden.

9. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

The current version of Comodo drove me nuts with all the pop ups. I am not sure if I want to control a firewall to the extent that comodo allows me to do. Should I have to do this anyway? Online Armor free is really a great product. It works very well. It offers excellent protection for free. So far it has found about 3 trojans/ malware that no one else did including NOD32. When my NOD subsription is up I think that I will try out the the full version of this product, the one that has Kaspersky as the AV.

10. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Yeah, i just ditched Comodo too (again). A bit too much control. Plus i decided to install some games, and one of them, was giving a mysterious installer error every time, no matter what. I was at the point to believe that both discs had gone bad (i had a backup copy), when i decided to try something i 've never done before. To install the game in Safe Mode. And it did install! For some reason, Comodo was provoking the installer error...

Now that i got Mamutu GAOTD, i m done with Comodo's paranoic control. I will use a simple firewall and maybe PG Free for simple execution control and that's it. On another instance, UTorrent stopped downloading a file with an error. It was running fine with Comodo for some time. I restarted the torrent and the problem was that for some reason, that torrent wanted file writing permission for something in UTorrent's folder. This is why the torrent was stopped with error earlier...

Enough with the paranoia.

11. Dieselman

Hey Fuzz when installing something first put Comodo in install mode by opening up the GUI. You may get a D+ pop up still but works for me. I just reinstalled Far Cry with no problems.

12. Dieselman

Opps also I forgot that when I had OA and was installing the new Nvidia 174.16 drivers and it sat there and was hung. I wanted for about 5 min then OA gave me pop up about the Nvidia driver service then more pop ups after that. So both OA and Comodo have issues when installing things.

13. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Thanks D-Man, i know. But it didn't work.

14. truthseeker

truthseeker Former Poster

Thank you MikeNash :)

15. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

I found the Comodo 3 lighter(at least v3.0.14/3.0.15,the ones i use) than Online armor not to say that the free Online armor has no advanced setings(at least apart from the instal wizard or the normal pop ups).
    As for the tests we cant say nothing Comodo 3 is not in the "panel".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.