What is the correct release build version of 8.0?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by msanto, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msanto

msanto Registered Member

I just bought it yesterday.

What I noticed on VersionTracker.com is they list the latest version as 8.0.764.

If I look at the file I d/led it says 8.0.0.763 ... 3 not, 4.

If I look at the Help / About dialog I see 763.

If I look at the version of the Demo (I did not install) it says 764. o_O?

I also noticed a bitmap here that shows 764 ... I wouldn't think they would put a "future" release number on their support page.

http://www.acronis.com/support/

So what's the current build number? If it's not 763 how do I get 764?

2. mike_wells

mike_wells Registered Member

The current build for TI8 is 768 and is dated August 9 per the Support/Updates page on the Acronis website! Now, I think they may have snuck all of this in on us in the middle of the night! Was just out there yesterday or day before and the new updates had not been posted THEN! *puppy*

3. msanto

msanto Registered Member

You're right. In fact I looked at it early this morning and it wasn't there!

4. msanto

msanto Registered Member

Grrr ... how do you get the update??! TI 8 is not listed in the drop-down list! o_O

Last edited: Aug 13, 2004
  5. mike_wells

Nothing gets by you msanto! To be honest I never hit the drop-down. I run 7, was looking at that, and just noticed that they FINALLY added 8 to the updates page, period! Let's see now, we could post to Anton or Marian but why would we want to do that? They sure as h___ are never around! Next, we could fire off an email to Tech Support at Acronis but could grow old waiting on a response (although I had real good luck with that just recently). I am going to have to go with Door Number 2. Email 'em. It is your only shot! Bottom line; "shabby" website admin! *puppy*

6. msanto

msanto Registered Member

Heh. Yeah, I sent them an email. Frankly, I sent them one yesterday as well about a diff issue and haven't heard back from them.

Sigh. I hope this company isn't going the way of Buy.com. If you haven't bought from them lately, don't! Check resellerratings.com to see why. Their rating is below 3 (out of 10) for the past 6 months. I look at it once in a while and it's continuing to drop!

7. mike_wells

Actually msanto, it rather looked like (a short while back) it was going the way of Symantec who without a doubt is in the Number One slot for Worst Software Vendor Support! And, I for one can attest to that! *puppy*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.