what is the best pc

Discussion in 'polls' started by Rita, Jul 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PugetSystems

PugetSystems Registered Member

Thanks for the referral Rainwalker. Yes, we check our logs :D

Puget Custom Computers

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Rita,

Make sure whatever you get is backed by a warranty, no strings attached.

3. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hey Ron
    i have looked at alot of refurbished computers lately and i have come to the conclusion i'd rather have a new one.i'm taking my time looking because the one i'm using is still limping along--ever time i decide to junk it--it redems itself for a bit longer :D but i know its time is limited.
    Rita

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have purchased several refurbished computers in the past and they all had a full warranty included.

5. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Ritaann.. :)

I see you have been given plenty of advice here.
    Unfortunately, I could not actually recommend anything 'from the shelf' so to speak, as the 3 systems I have owned over time were all custom built and I am in Australia. ;)

But I am glad to see you are "taking your time" as I think it's important you do choose what's going to be the best in the long run.

Even if you delay a while longer and be able to afford just that bit better quality component, as that extra $50 or so you may save on a Motherboard for example now, could cost you a year in life span or having to get another sooner than necessary down the track.

Personally, try to get just that little bit extra of speed in a CPU/RAM if you can, as the system does not have to work as hard and you will find it much more enjoyable using the PC.

The most important thing if buying a new one though:

Go to as many tech shops as possible and ask ask ask.

Get feedback, get stuff written down, compare product/prices/'tech talk'/warranty terms.

Also, if possible, ask to speak to some techs themselves, see what products are being "serviced" the most. [good indicator of which are problematic]

Have Fun Buying

Cheers, TAS

6. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hi Tas
    thanks for the advice.i am taking my time and i've ask everyone i know questions--just hoping the old computers hold out.i have 2 that wouldnt make one "good" computer.maybe i'll learn more about running the computer while i'm looking also :D i dont know squat now but i've promised myself i will in time--if i live long enough lol. ive also been reading computer mags.etc. and stuff online.everyone here has been helpful too.

7. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

8. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hi
    i noticed they have as good a warranty almost as a new one.i only really decided against one because i would really rather start out with something absolutely new because i'm hard on a computer anyway :D and i'd feel safer
    have a good day
    Rita :)

9. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

i love sony viao ! :-*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.