What is the best free Script Blocker?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by sweater, Dec 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I was wondering then, what is the best Script Blocking software can you suggest that is free, easy to use and will not conflict w other programs. :rolleyes:

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I think one method if I understand you is: via Explorer go to folders options and change open with for instance to notepad or editpad lite or whatever texteditor.

Gerard

Attached Files:

• vb.gif
      vb.gif
      File size:
      3.6 KB
      Views:
  3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i use AnalogX's Script Defender with scripts from the first post from below:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=24595

some people have problems installing SD and others have problems uninstalling, so think about if you really want it before installing.

when you run spybot, adaware or maybe some other scanners they will/may find these:

Possible extension hijack: Default batch file handler (Registry change, nothing done)HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\open\command\!="%1" %*

Possible extension hijack: Default command file handler (Registry change, nothing done)HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cmdfile\shell\open\command\!="%1" %*

Possible extension hijack: Default old executable handler (Registry change, nothing done)HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\comfile\shell\open\command\!="%1" %*

i think it's where SD puts it self in the registry to be able to intercept scripts. so they are safe to put in ignore.

4. AvianFlux

AvianFlux Registered Member

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I think the solution in post 2 is a good one, personally I have disabled Windows Scripting Host (and HTA) and I use Script Sentry for protection from scrapfiles. ;)

6. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I tried using this but I felt awkward using it... especially w the delete choice buttons. How about if I made a mistake, it could be that I'll delete those scripts. :p Anyway, I just use now the AnalogX Script Defender coz its easy and I am used to using the allow/deny choice in other programs and that is Execute/Abort in Script Defender ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.