What is RUNDLL and why

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Chuck57, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

am I getting this message now whenever I boot up?

I recently, after threatening for a month, reformatted and reinstalled Win XP Home, to clean out leftover garbage from all my uninstalling and installing software.

Now, since finishing downloading SP1 and other so called critical updates get this every time I boot up. Sorry I can't get a picture to post.

RUNDLL
    error loading C:\Windows\System 32\bridge.dll
    The specified module could not be found.

I've reinstalled all my software and everything works. I'm guessing some piece of software is missing this bridge, but it all seems to work.

I have something called C Media Mixer that appears immediately after the warning. I uninstalled it, but it doesn't seem to want to leave and still reappears at every boot. Any help in figuring out what bridge.dll is would be appreciated.

Also, since removing C Media Mixer, it doesn't show anyplace on this machine, but it's sure hiding in here somewhere, and I'd like to get rid of it just in case this is what's causing the warning. If it's a Windows thing, I suppose I can always put it back if it's needed.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Chuck57

Found some links.

http://forums.thatcomputerguy.us/index.php?showtopic=4657

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=222776#post222776

3. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Thank you, Ronjor!! I followed the directions on thatcomputerguy, downloaded SpyBot and it got rid of the problem. Apparently SpyBot does a few things my AdAware doesn't. Whatever it was, it's gone and problem solved. Thanks again.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

That's great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.