What is ProccessGuard??

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by bgfalconboy, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgfalconboy

bgfalconboy Registered Member

Is this a program to keep bad process apps from getting started in the Task Managers applications list? I've been having rather slower than optimal performance from my latop for a while now , but AVG Free , Windows Defender have found nothing on my pc lately. I've been running Spyware Blaster , and Spybot S&D as well.

2. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

You can take a look of these:

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/index.php?page=introduction

http://www.commontology.de/andreas/win_secure_pg3.html

;)

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

processguard is an HIPS type program that lets u to allow or deny a program from running. it also protects your programs from being modified or teminated by each other. In the paid version, it lets u block hooks, rookits, services, code injection etc...

heres a description from the site:

4. bgfalconboy

Well, okay thats a little too much techno speak for me to full understand. Not sure what that means.

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

well if you've never used a HIPS program before, it can be quite new and confusing. im not sure if i can simplify for you.

if u want to try it, u can just install it and use the free version.

teh most noticible feature is that it will prompt you every time u run a program. so when u start notepad or ur favorite browser for example, a window will pop-up asking if u want to let teh program run. you can allow/deny it once or permanently

6. eyes-open

eyes-open Registered Member

Hi :)

Looking at the OP:-

it's maybe worth stressing that this won't identify/clean an existing problem for you. So if you think that there is a performance lag, caused by malware - you probably need to be looking in a different direction.

Regards :)

7. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

or thinking on upgrading your ddr ram or maybe you can tell us what your rig consists about? P3 1.3Mhz? .. amd64? .. ..

8. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Zaza, welcome to Wilders, as your issue was not related to Process Guard I have moved it HERE where it should receive better attention.

Cheers :D

9. bgfalconboy

Process Guard-what does it do? Is it free?

I'd like to know if this is something I can put on my laptop to us in conjuntion with spyware blaster.

10. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Process guard comes in two versions (free and paid). The free version only provides program application execution, monitoring and termination features. This means that you will get message prompts to allow or block actions as you run programs within your system folders and surf the web. The protection of the free version is limited and will not stop the more hidden and subtle malware that you may come across going to websites, running programs, or viewing email. A lot of the really bad stuff on the internet comes from programs embedded within a website, another program, message, link, downloaded file, or by a hacker probe. The paid version offers more protection, but the message prompts become more technical as well.
    Spyware blaster is a program that works along with a browser and blocks certain websites that are contained in a list that you download from the program website (it is often referred to as a browser inoculator). The basic programs that most people say that you should have are a firewall, antivirus and antispyware. HIPS programs are more technical in nature and require you to answer the prompts to allow or block when something occurs on the system. If you cannot decipher the messages, then using a HIPS may result in confusion to the novice user. A lot of the more recent viruses and malware that you see mentioned now uses a lot of tricks to get past a lot of the regular defenses of a computer. HIPS programs were created to allow a PC user to control each action that a PC would encounter and to allow you stop it before it is executed on your machine. But you have to know what an unusual action event on your PC is in order to use the HIPS programs effectively. That's my 2 cents worth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.