What is One-Click restore?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rlprlp, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rlprlp

rlprlp Registered Member

I just purchased True Image 9.0 last night,and I want to make full recovery discs on DVDs. One of the options is whether or not I want to include Acronis one-click restore on my discs. I have searched the instructions, and cannot find this item. What is it, and do I want it on my discs? Thank you.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello rlprlp,

Once it's installed, selecting One-Click Restore allows you to recover a disk image back to it's original location without further user intervention.

An important point to be aware of is that any partitions you have on the destination drive will be deleted during the restore if those partitions were not included in the original backup image. So, best to only use One-Click Restore with whole disk images if you wish to keep your sanity ;) :D.

Regards

Regards

3. rlprlp

rlprlp Registered Member

Thank you, Menorcaman. Yes, this will be for a full EMERGENCY ONLY, nasty virus or hard crash only! That is why I chose to use the term "recovery". Sounds like something I want on my discs, as I am very new and unexperienced with computers, so if such a "high-stress" issue were to occur, anything that would make system recovery easier would be welcome. Thank you again!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rlprlp,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I am sorry for the delayed response.

Please take a look at this previous thread describing some Acronis One-Click Restore peculiarities.

Also you can find more information about Acronis One-Click Restore in the Chapter 5.3.8 "Media components" in the Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.