What is nt marta provider

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rainwalker, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Could not find much info....

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

What causes you to ask :doubt:

There is a file named ntmarta.dll that is associated with Windows NT MARTA provider.

3. Rainwalker

It wants me to allow it..................what is it ?

4. crookit

crookit Registered Member

ntmarta.dll file information

The process Windows NT MARTA provider belongs to the software Microsoft® Windows® Operating System by Microsoft Corporation (www.microsoft.com).

Description: File ntmarta.dll is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32. Known file sizes on Windows XP are 118784 bytes (60% of all occurrence), 112128 bytes.
    A .dll file (Dynamic Link Library) is a special type of Windows program containing functions that other programs can call. This .dll file can be injected to all running Windows tasks and can change or manipulate their behavior. The program is not visible. The file is a trustworthy file from Microsoft. There is no detailed description of this service. It can change the behavior of other programs or manipulate other programs. The file is not a Windows system file. Therefore the technical security rating is 5% dangerous.

Important: Some malware camouflage themselves as ntmarta.dll, particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check the ntmarta.dll process on your pc whether it is pest. You can use the free trial version of Security Task Manager for verifying your computer's security.

5. Rainwalker

Thanks crookit and welcome........

6. Rainwalker

I see that it came with a service pack.............can i remove it without causing problems ?

7. Rainwalker

It now wants to be a component of OP.............can i remove it without resulting problems ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.