What is Malwarebytes protection module?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by JohnnyDollar, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

Can someone please tell me what the paid version of Malwarebytes protection module is. I am having trouble finding the details for it. What exactly does it protect? Is it a resident scanner? Does it protect your browser? or what?

2. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

It is up front protection (paid version only). This is on their website: "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware monitors every process and stops malicious processes before they even start. The Realtime Protection Module uses our advanced heuristic scanning technology which monitors your system to keep it safe and secure. In addition, we have implemented a threats center which will allow you to keep up to date with the latest malware threats." If you need more specific information you may want to post on their forum at: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/. I have a copy of the paid version. It doesn't give many options for the protection module other to start with windows and to schedule scans. The scan options are: Always scan memory objects, registry objects, filesystem and extra and heuristics objects. There are no options to protect HOSTS file, Browser settings, etc. It is excellent at detecting spyware and rogue programs. I use it as an on demand scanner.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  3. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

It doesn't give many options for the protection module other to start with windows and to schedule scans. The scan options are: Always scan memory objects, registry objects, filesystem and extra and heuristics objects. There are no options to protect HOSTS file, Browser settings, etc. It is excellent at detecting spyware and rogue programs. I use it as an on demand scanner.[/quote]

Thank you. That is the kind of info I was looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.