What is luupdate.exe (Symantec)

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by dallen, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dallen

dallen Registered Member

For some reason, after formatting my computer and doing a "clean installation" of all my software, to maximize the security using PG, I have ran into something strange. I was configuring it like I had in (see this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=29904&page=1)

The strange thing is that there is no luupdate.exe file within the Symantec directory to protect. So my question is, what is luupdate.exe and why would it be installed in one installation and not in another?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

3. poogimmal

poogimmal Registered Member

FWIW, I was running symantec corporate edition 8.1, and when it would run a live update, it actived at least 4 different files and if it found new definitions on the server it would run yet another. try goodle of luupdate, my memory is not clear if that was one of the 4 I saw, but it sounds about right. a few of my old sym files start lu_ | maybe LiveUpdate_update, why not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.