what is LANZARL2007?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by legendary, Feb 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legendary

legendary Registered Member

Today i wake up and check my msconfig and LANZARL2007 is on it?
    Is this Malware or a Virus?
    Any advice would help i have Panda 2007 antivirus on the PC.

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

3. legendary

legendary Registered Member

Wow i am confused,this still doesnt really say what the heck it is?

4. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

Find the directory of it, zip it up in a password protected archive with password "infected" and e-mail it to Panda's VirusLab: labs@pandasoftware.com
    Also include the password in the e-mail.

I'm not sure how quick Panda's viruslabs are with replying, you can allways also e-mail it to newvirus@kaspersky.com... they reply within few hours usually if you want a quick answer.

Can also upload the *.exe to www.virustotal.com to see what other AVs detect it as malicious

5. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

This thread may be a bit old, but I also recently noticed this on my machine.

Autorun Entry: LanzarL2007
    Description: Setup.exe
    Publisher: Macrovision Corporation
    Image Path: c:\documents and settings\***\local settings\temp\{1f508395-3e16-4094-b58e-f190bbad4752}\{d1da2ba7-2592-4036-9bb2-dccabde8dc1a}\..\..\l2007tmp\setup.exe

MD5 value of the file "setup.exe": bef1e6a9b97045ec3f2b9cf34acb6810 , which seems to be clean according to the scanners at Virus.Org, jotti's Online malware scan and VirusTotal.

At the Macrovision web site, I found that they offer downloads of InstallShield (among other things), and that they deal with "Content Protection, Software Licensing and Digital Rights Management". Looking in the same folder as where I found the "setup.exe", I notice files related to Panda Software. But I don't have it installed? I did mean to trial it but it wouldn't install because of my AVG Anti-Spyware program (said it was incompatible). I'm going to guess the LanzarL2007 thing is related to the Panda installer? But why is it still there if my Panda installation failed (I cancelled it)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.