What is downloading/uploading data on my PC

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by emmjay, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

I have been searching for sometime now to locate a program that will tell me what is being downloaded onto my PC, how much from whom. Process Explorer and System Explorer tell me that certain execs have been activated but do not indicate how many MBs are being consumed during a session. In the past I submitted posts for suggestions but alas no-one knew of one. I got burned once when my bandwidth allocation was near its limit for the month, which I was aware of, so I decided just to check my email. Unfortunately as soon as the session was live, WU auto downloaded 86MB, then Foxit hit me with 30MB. This all happened within seconds. It was a lesson learned the hard way ... turn off auto download. After this I checked my browsers and other apps, but still MBs were being downloaded and that concerned me from a security point of view.

Today, Hallelujah!!! NetWorx does it. The Usage Report/Applications tab shows the exact MBs sent and received in a session and by what application. To get it to work, go to Settings/Main Tab and tick 'Ignore local traffic on LAN' to get the info. Great little program (freeware) and worth a donation.

Attached Files:

2. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Hi, that's good to hear :thumb: Be nice if you gave a link to NW :)

You might like to blank out your username from the screenie ;)

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Indeed a great app and the one I've used/recommended. It can also be set to warn on reaching preset limit

4. FreddyFreeloader

FreddyFreeloader Registered Member

Great post! Thanks for the share.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.