What is best way to deploy ESET?

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by dsb3, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsb3

dsb3 Registered Member

We have a network of around 1500 computers in an AD environment. I am trying to figure out the best way to deploy ESET AV Nod32 4.2 to new and old computers that are on the domain. Most of the computers already have ESET AV Nod32 4.0. Is there any other way for ESET to automatically install on a computer that does or does not have antivirus besides group policy or through the ESET Remote Administrator Console? For instance, is there a way for the server to recognize a computer that does not have av to aumotically install ESET? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

It seems to me that you have already provided the two best solutions. I would not recommend another way. The ESET Remote Administrator will show you machines that do not have an ESET Securty product installed on the install tab of the ESET Remote Administrator Console. You can then push an install or uninstall as long as you meet the criteria from our push installation checklist.

Cheers,
    -Tom

3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

If you have AD, group policy is the easiest way. Have your default configuration settings saving in a cfg.xml file in the same directory as the msi installers. They will be automatically read by the installation process and you are good to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.