What is B:RamDrive (Created by Linux)

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by pinso, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinso

pinso Registered Member

Hello folks,
    u see i h a Query that is really eating me. I installed Linux Mint(Freeware) in an Empty Snapshot, i didn't knew Linux would format the Disk without giving any option whether to perform Quick,Full Format or to leave the changes as it is (like in Xp. hope u r understanding).
    In the Process it made 686 MB or 689 MB Partion in C: (this was the first time i used Linux) On rebooting FD would not show its Boot Menu, and i didn't h' "Wine" to install FD. So again i booted from Win xp CD and removed the partiton. Booted from Barte PE and used Drive Snapshot to Restore.
    I h’ :
    Primary Master: Quantum Fireball :20GB
    Secondary Master: Seagate ST330621A :30GB
    Clipboard05.PNG

Please notice the B: here in the screenshot, I had Restored 5/6 times from Barte and I had not noticed this B: Restore was fine from Barte but when I m in XP Desktop I get this error (Although XP runs fine)
    2-26-2010 2-44-17 PM.png
    2-26-2010 2-43-43 PM.png
    I Restored the same Image I made from Paragon, and I still get the same error.
    So I m assuming the Snapshot I made from DriveSnapshot does not h’ any error.
    I don’t know what the problem is , perhaps someone who h’ some knowledge about Linux know about this issue.

How do I get rid of this B: Without this removed any future imaging or archiving would be difficult.:doubt:

Many Regards.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I think you might have posted this in the wrong place. I don't see anything related to FDISR. Do you want it moved?

Pete

3. pinso

pinso Registered Member

Yes please do so, where u see fit.:)

4. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Log out, the ram disk environment is created for the bootcd.

5. pinso

pinso Registered Member

well after dismounting this(dont know how to explain)
    Screenshot.JPG
    and after restoring from DS i m not getting any errors any more.

Guess this issue is solved,,,

Can someone advice how can this B:Ram Drive be reomoved. Although its not hampering in any way but its annoying.

6. pinso

pinso Registered Member

HELLO ...........HELLO..........HELLO.........

7. pinso

pinso Registered Member

Hello folks, i hate forcing people to read the same post but i m concerned . I can make an Image of the HDD but that thought lurks behind my mind, something is not clean. Ram drive is taking 31 KB, which is nothing but then again its like nagging me.....
    i made a snapshot of this B: RamDrive by Drive Snapshot and some Screenshot.

Please remove .txt and see for urself.
    Can Resetting BIOS remove this RamDrive, or is their any third party program which can do this.:doubt:

Many thanks:

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.