what internet "anonymously" paid services are recommended (by proxy)?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by gdhy, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdhy

gdhy Registered Member

what internet "anonymously" paid services are recommended (by proxy)? does "anonybrowser" is good?

What good services can you recommend me?
    What are the disadvantages of anonybrowser.com? or such services?
    I've tried the 7 days free trial (require to give them credit card) by anonybrowser.com.

2. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

(require to give them credit card) If you are shure ? about this OK ,MYself I would NOT DO it...Never Give any one your Credit card ID!!!!

3. erssec

erssec Registered Member

thanks, i thought this was fine because of their website seems to be good.

4. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

I shall add to this ..The internett is not a safe place! please understand this
    ask any one ,there are nice ppl,cheats.Rougs.and ppl that steal,and what ever athere words to discribe them .the piont is this You would never Know if its a scam,Trick.to get info ,Now as for credit cards well myself i think its a bad thing to pass that onto a Site ! i dont care what site ,Program,or what ever els..Dont matter What ,who,Tells me different ,Ehhhh No way hozay!
    Even if its a Minister trying to get that offa Me !,Not a chance .Now as for privacy On the nett you can Get that for Free (like Thor or Jap) or Say ask around .Where thy are.. But Dont pay for So called WE hide You ! the only differeance is you Use there IP ,Right ? and thy know all about you any how
    So your Not Privite! or Unknown.Thy GOT your - DNA- mate, (credit Card) may as well Post where you live and send a pint of Blood .Just to be shure Thy Know, if you are going to Give sites You ID.and what ever els Just because Thy look nice ,and Pritty and There page that you see if full of Goody Good Stuff.
    But thats Up to you or any one To decide ,So its a friendly warning DONT..
    itsmej

5. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Some useful discussion on commercial proxies can be found in the Could use some advice re: anonymous surfing and Proxy software and services threads. While they can offer better speeds, the fact that they need payment will always mean that they have some idea of your real identity, unless you can use a truly anonymous payment method (eGold being one possibility).

6. WraithTDK

WraithTDK Registered Member

Here's the thing about using credit cards on the net: yea, there's a risk of them being ganked, but as long as it's a reputable site, they're going to use SSL, in which case the risk is the same as someone pick-pocketing you at the store, a register operator using a rigged terminal, someone with a telegraphic memory eyeing your card at the supermarket, whatever. Besides which, you're not liable for fraudulent charges.

There are a lot of dangers on the net, no question. There are also a lot of danger in the real world. If you let the predators scare you so much that you don't get the advantages of the net, then you've already been victimized.

7. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

While SSL does guarantee the security of data in transit, it doesn't help when it comes to the security of the site itself from outside attack. Unfortunately there is no way for an end user to (legally) assess this, so if a company has lax data procedures, it is still possible for it to have credit card details taken. While there is certainly risk in the offline world, cracking an online site is going to be more attractive since it can yield hundreds or thousands of valid CC numbers.
    As long as you notice and report them in a timely fashion (though UK-based users are finding some issuers denying fraud claims, blaming the user, see Dispute Resolution Problems).

There is however one way to protect yourself here, with "one-time use" credit card numbers that cease to be valid after the transaction is carried through. Cahoot in the UK offer this (via their WebCard service) and American Express offers it for US users (via their "Private Payments" service).

8. gdhy

gdhy Registered Member

thank you very much all, this information need to be considered

9. Beware

Beware Registered Member

10. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Accept the fact that you can only limit privacy issues, and don't pay for that kind of service imo.
    Use open source programs/network like Tor, and only if you think you must.
    Total privacy does not exist, but you sure can limit exposure.

Anomymous and paid don't compute in my head.

2 cents

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.