What if someone has sent your name and address through a gmail account ?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Fly, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fly

Fly Registered Member

You're right. Although you have a few major players, most of them are not that large. But even then, they (other people's ISP) don't collect your search history and follow you around the web. As for government spying, they do that everywhere, don't they ?

I doubt MS has spying components in their OS that target emails ! But it could be collected somehow, true.
    Emails can be intercepted and without encryption, people at the level of the ISP can read it even when not allowed. That's life.

Up to a point. Try to do things in person, without digital accounts.

There is plenty of blame to go around.

But Google is just HUGE, it has connections to major players and has dedicated itself to collecting about everything it can. Streetview, Google glasses etc.

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Personally I'd wait this out and only take action (anonymously) if it escalates. Wouldn't want the criminal, Google, and its NSA boss to confirm your identity.

3. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I agree. In this instance, there isn't anything you can do. However, you can use this as a learning experience. I think the lesson is to never give your personal info to anyone ever. Once it's in their hands, it is out of your control. I had to learn the hard way too, so you're not alone.

4. guest

guest Guest

I know that you're worried about what Google is doing, but you pay too much attention to Google while...

5. guest

guest Guest

You will have to someday. I can't get a bank account if I don't fill a form which contains my personal info. My name, my address, my spouse and parents' names, phone numbers, etc. And we have civil ID cards which have our personal info printed on them.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2013
  6. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I was referring to personal acquaintances and friends, not business transactions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.