What I am curious to know about the next Generation of NOD

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ejr, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejr

ejr Registered Member

No, I do not want to start a bash NOD thread here or a complaint thread about why NOD is being tight lipped. And I really don't need to know when NOD v3 will be released. I am not only plenty happy with the current version but also have over a year on my subscription.

What I am curious to know is where the upgrades will be or where the development emphasis has been. Will the next version be significantly better at detecting or preventing spyware? More user friendly? Will the Firewall be similar to anything currently on the market? That's the kind of stuff that interests me.

Is there any info along those lines out there?

2. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Re: What I am curious to know about the next Generatoon of NOD

Usually, the official answer would be: we will publish the details when it is ready. NOD32 is better than F-PROT, at least we have a screenshot of NOD32 3.0 somewhere in the forum before. F-PROT 4 has been rumoured for years. Maybe 3.16f is the last version that we can have, and that is where Frisk put an end to F-PROT.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi .
    Yes , the new generation will be better , of course !!! The new generation is called ESET Personal Suit . This is going to include antivirus and the well-known advanced heuristics *plus* antispyware protections tools , firewall and SPAM protection + other protection/guard tools . And this should again be on low resourses and extremely fast speed.This should appear on the market at the end of this year 2006.

This is the known stuff , I visited the international exhibition Cebit in Germany and there I understood this . Nothing more is known and as they say ..." we will publish the details when it is ready " ... ;)

So , relax . The current NOD32 is just great for me .

4. ejr

ejr Registered Member

Oh...I am definitely relaxed an happy with NOD. I am just anxious. Ultimately, I would like to have the NOD32 suite and maybe just one other anti-spyware program. Currently I have NOD, plus a firewall, plus numerous antispyware applications and am looking forward to streamlining my security suite.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Well , yes , this is a little bit inconvenient .
    I keep three different securities to make sure my PC stays malware free . NOD32 is the most important but I also use Ad-Aware SE for registry check.Windows Firewall is built-in service and quite good but it would be better if we have all-in-one suite . But I think it would be as good as bad because the current situation shows that the IS suits are not the best , I mean one vendor has AV really good but spyware too poor (e.g.Symantec) , ZoneAlarm (perfect firewall , poor malware protection -recent tests on PC World ) and so on . NOD32 detects all kind of infections so I like it now . I love it ! ;-)

6. pc-support

pc-support Registered Member

The UK distributors assure me it will be summer 2006 and then we all get a FULL upgrade (if wanted) to the full suite :D

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I am part of the NOD32's Bulgarian team and I know that all current users will definitely be able to upgrade to the Personal Suite but I doubt it will be in the summer. No details are known, still big secret :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2006
  8. vince35

vince35 Registered Member

For those who saw v.3 in the cebit, do you know if it'll have a registry protection like Kav6 ?

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It is not version 3 but is a separate product => ESET Personal Suit

I don't know if there will be NOD32 if there is a suit...I don't know about registry protection which is included in Panda and Kaspersky.

Although I visited Cebit , I haven't seen new version because it is still not finished.

No details are known, still big secret , really

10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I remembered something that I just checked in a site .

There will be a new version called NOD32 Antivirus . The new NOD32 will be supported as an existing product.
    ESET's Personal Suit will be a new product so the ESET company will have two products.
    Also , we were shown info about a mobile phones(devices) antivirus

11. pc-support

pc-support Registered Member

Coo, I was in Bulgaria a month ago is sunny Borovets. Borovets itself was horribly tacky but the rest of the country was lovely!

12. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Great to hear you visited BG and you like it :) :) :)
    I my self have never been in Borovetz . I am from a small town really near to the BG capital ;-)

[MOVE] NOD32 [/MOVE]

13. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

But this does not make sense to me! o_O

I've been told that all current users of NOD32 will be upgraded to the security suite.....And if there is a NOD32 AV-only edition, then it would not be necessary to provide this free upgrade to the security suite. :doubt:

What is the price for the new security suite?

14. ASpace

ASpace Guest

All customers that are buying NOD now . Sure there is point of two products because of new customers , some may prefer not to have the suit . I am still thinking because I like NOD32 now , but the suit with the other stuff ... Windows XP SP3 is coming in 2007 with many other free advantages

15. Jerry-Guire

Jerry-Guire Registered Member

This is true i promise :)
    Last night i dreamed that i turned on my computer and visit the website eset.com and i saw new news nod32 ver3 will be released in November the date 20.
    But it was just a dream :p

16. pykko

pykko Registered Member

wow...that's very far...it's better it was just a dream. :p

17. Carver

Carver Registered Member

In your dream, when you saw the date on the eset.com web page. Do you recall weather it said 2007 or 2006 :)

18. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No doubt it will be in 2006 but when , nobody knows . ESET is keeping it in big secret *but* they promise it will be something amazing , something much better than anything we have ever expected ! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.