What have i done?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by errut, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. errut

errut Registered Member

acronis9:
    i have a raid0-system. made allways complete images on external disk - one basic plus incrementals. they read on the disk like 27.126.05 and 27.127.05 and more to follow. i made an emergency cd, which i want to use now, in order to replay the image from the external disk. but what surprise, i couldn`t find the image files only those files which i had moved on that disk directly from the hdd. when i changed to all files i could see the data, but acronis said no valid file or corrupted, so the stuff is on the disk but it cannot be recovered.
    what went wrong?

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

What flavor of raid 0. Can you see any of your disks from the recovery CD?

3. errut

errut Registered Member

i seem them all, inccuding the backup-media.

4. Peter2150

What are the actual image file names. More than one period isn't a great idea.

I would try taking the image with just the recovery disk, and see how that goes.

Also I'd skip incrementals until you know everything is right with full images.

Pete

5. errut

errut Registered Member

it starts with 27.12.05 and goes up to27.127.05 and is only visibel under "all files" they cannot recovered. corrupted files. soon i want to update to acronis 10. maybe it works.
    i tried 27.12.05, which is the first full backup and it didn`t work either.

6. Peter2150

If you are using the file names with multiple dots that might be part of the problem. Try doing a complete image from the recovery CD and name it somthing like 271205. The multiple periods isn't a good practice.

7. errut

errut Registered Member

ok, i start all over again. thanks anyway

8. errut

errut Registered Member

before i close this problem: what did i do wrong: i backed up under all files and i couldn`t recover them under acronis9 - i have a raid0 which i mirrored on a single hdd. i have now acronis 10 and i encountered no problems to replay those files. finally it worked out very well. i have now an additional question, but may i open a new post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.