What happens to your BlackBerry now?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by ronjor, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

http://money.cnn.com/2012/06/29/technology/rim-blackberry-10/index.htm

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Same thing that happened to Nokia IMO.
    They did not follow the crowd (All major brands).
    Although it's not always the right thing to follow the crowd this time it was a bad decision not to. :rolleyes:

By the time BBX comes out everyone will have forgotten BlackBerry.

3. guest

guest Guest

Here is described what will happen with it IMO.

4. Technical

Technical Registered Member

Seems RIM has lost the battle... The market share drop and the price of the shares seem to show this...

5. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Fine by me........provided the folks at Microsoft let the folks at RIM show them how to synch MS Outlook with WP8 via USB.

6. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Everyone is jumping off the RIM ship. (I'm talking about current BB users) :rolleyes:

7. prius04

RIM is, indeed, in big trouble. However, they did report that they have 78 million subscribers, which is an increase over the previous quarter.

The reported loss was also huge but well over half of that loss was due to a write-down of an asset (goodwill). Likewise, sales of 7.8 million devices (down from 11.1 million) stunk to high heaven, but their sell-through was 10.5 million (each of which represents a sub).

As Charles Barkley would say, "Just turrible, crazy knuckledhead turrible". Regardless, 78 million owners are not just going to fling their BBs out the window anytime soon (but be prepared to duck, just in case). :argh:

8. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

They took way too long to react when iPhone hit the market. Then Android, and finally I expect Windows Phone 8 will go bigger than them as well. If you sit back and watch everyone else pass you by... you get left behind. :ninja:

9. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

My employer of 6000 employees is doing just that. BB is going out the window by the end of the year and replaced with iPhones.

I know of one client of about 36k employees serious looking into their options.

10. Technical

Technical Registered Member

Yes, me too :cool:
    From BB to Android 4.0.4...

11. Noob

Noob Registered Member

They were cashing in so much money and relying so much on the IT side that they forgot about the competitors . . . :rolleyes:

Galaxy Nexus? :thumb:
    Good choice. I'm waiting they realease custom ROM's for the SII with Jellybean :argh:

12. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Not if Apple has anything to say about it, and they just might considering the pre-trial injunction they got against Samsung in the US...

13. prius04

Well, the physical keyboard fans in your company are going to be berry disappointed, I would imagine.

14. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I wonder when Apple will stop all this BS. :rolleyes:
    With all this BS Apple is doing in the last few months now they got another hater. :rolleyes:

15. SweX

SweX Registered Member

It's not only Apple you know. Samsung has several cases against Apple too :)

16. STV0726

STV0726 Registered Member

Proud BlackBerry Bold 2 (9700) owner...I'm out of contract already but still have no intention to upgrade.

I hate Android. I hate iPhone even more. Windows Phone is the only hope for an alternative to me, but I strongly prefer BlackBerry still. Oh it has its weaknesses, but I can't stand the others.

17. Noob

Noob Registered Member

But i would say that Apple started it. :D

18. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I had just switched from BB 9330 to HTC evo 4G. I have to say that I do miss my keyboard. I've gotten over it though. With my 4G, apps and swype keyboard it made me a fan. I really don't miss my BB now. It was slow, screen was too small and there weren't really any good apps. I agree with some other folks that BB has missed the boat. You can only rely on BBM and secure service, for so long.

19. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Same here...

What makes me stick to BlackBerry is:

1) BlackBerry Messenger, yes there are many other Multi IM apps but nothing even comes close

2) Physical Keyboard, I could never type an email on a stupid touch screen no matter how precise it was, Retina display my ***:rolleyes:

3) Battery life is much better on BlackBerry smart phones thanks to push notifications where the phone doesn't have to constantly check for new messages as they are simply pushed to your phone once they arrive which helps with the battery consumption tremendously

4) iTunes, I hate that piece of crap app you need some proper training online just to copy a simple MP3 to your phone

20. Noob

Noob Registered Member

One thing i didn't like about RIM was the hardware specs.
    They ALWAYS tend to reuse the same crappy hardware from their low end devices (Or mid end) in their high end devices with just a slight overclock or sometimes they even leave it at the same speeds like their mid end models which makes their high end devices really slow. :thumbd: :gack:

Never been a fan of RIM because of it's sluggishness, although recently it has changed a bit due to the hardware being more capable. :rolleyes:

21. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

I had a BB Curve with the tiny slide pad in the middle that I totally hated. Could never accurately select menu items with that pad. And that BB couldn't open most mail attachments. Not to mention zooming on the small set of attachments it could open. And I can only use my thumbnails on the tiny keyboard. My thumbs are too big and I push 2-3 keys at once. With a touch keyboard, at least I can use it in landscape mode which I very quickly warmed up to it.

All of my main contacts have moved away from RIM so BBM is pretty much pointless.

22. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Retina display is simply a marketing tool apple originally used to describe a screen with a pixel density greater than 300ppi. I dont think it had anything to do with screen precision.

Most smartphones i've used have had the push option, its not something unique to blackberry.

Itunes can be difficult to use as it tends to do things in apples unique and sometimes annoying way. Luckily there are alternatives which make the managing media easy.

23. prius04

If you don't mind me asking, what are they? I have yet to learn of any device that is as easy to sync with Outlook as a BB and its desktop software.

One trend I find disturbing concerns doing away with removable batteries and removable media (the iPhone, of course, never had either one). That and having to deal with iTunes really turned me off to the device.

24. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

I'll give you that. I really despise iTunes. Atrocious piece of slow software.

25. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.