What happens to files that are downloaded before the download is finished but

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

terminated? The Comodo server is overwhelmed with downloads of V4. When using the updater, sometimes the download will be over 50% complete and then it's terminated with an error. This is happening to thousands (I presume!). So what is happening to the first 50% of the files? Are they rewriting the registry? Are they on my hard drive somewhere? When I delete temp files I don't see them listed either. I looked in the Comodo program folder and there are no files for this date.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  2. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

A bad download means the file is not ok. It has not made any changes to your computer since you haven't even installed it.
    In other words, if the file is downloaded successfully on to your computer, it does not make any changes to the system until you execute it.

3. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Thank you nadirah. I basically understand that, however, what I mean is during the download there must be data going somewhere. Where is it and/or what happens to it? I realize it isn't changing anything until the install is completed.

4. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

It goes to some temp folder. CCleaner doesn't clean all of them in default, but i'm not sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.