What happens if

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by chadley, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chadley

chadley Guest

If I turn on the option to "Block all new and changed programs", what happens if my Antivirus (AVG) updates itself? Not just definition update, but a program update that happens automatically? Does that mean when the system is rebooted that PG won't let the antivirus run?

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

In a nutshell yes. I wouldn't recommend using that option for that reason. Let in run in regular mode so you can see PG challenge the changed program, and give it the okay.

Pete

3. jimmytop

jimmytop Registered Member

I have to use it because the machine has three accounts. One of which is a limited user account for my wife and kids. I don't want them running anything that's not already trusted by PG.

In my opinion, this lack of flexibility of PG is a shortcoming of a great software product. You're right that I should be able to let PG query me (me only) for permissions, but on specified accounts (other users) that should be blocked. Right now there is no per-user settings possible with PG. It would be nice....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.