What happened to the XB machine and the xerobank website

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by joshua19, Nov 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshua19

joshua19 Registered Member

What has happended to the XB machine I cannot find where the download link is,and it would seem that the xerobank website has vanished what happended to it?If anyone has a iso file of the xb machine would you kindly distribute it somewhere like maybe sourceforge?

the reason why I want it so bad is because I heard it had portable encrypted file storage,and based on a modified Gentoo Linux distribution,along with the native implementation of a Tor onion routing for internet connectivity and other encryption and privacy tools,The details and transactions inside each xB Machine account were protected with 256-bit AES encryption. The software also had a self-destruct sequence for eliminating any traces that a user may have left behind on the drivespace after using xB Machine.

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

XeroBank, may it RIP, is long gone.

3. joshua19

So Steve Topletz and the rest of the xerobank team mysteriously disappeared off the internet?They didn't even say anything?

4. mirimir

Basically, yes.

5. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

He is still showing up in Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6GwUFVlCKg. That was from March 2013, so he is still around. I remember quite some time back reading about him and the service. The further I got into reading, the less I wanted to have any dealings with the service. That said, what is printed and what is fact aren't always the same.

6. mirimir

That's from DEFCON 15, which was years ago.

7. joshua19

Well yea theres always a chance everything I read can all be a lie,I know that but I just wanted to put the XB machine to the test such as pentesting it,for educational purposes of course,btw thanks for the video.Although mirmir says "That's from DEFCON 15, which was years ago."

im still doing alot of research on what happended to the company so your video might help.

8. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

Whoops! :oops: :D I don't really know much about these things, so I'm trying to learn. Other than that link however, there indeed doesn't seem to be very much recent information on the gentleman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.