What Happened To My Archives?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by zach, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zach

zach Registered Member

I did three back ups yesterday. They all showed up as a archive. Today when I opened DriveBackup 10 Pro they weren't listed under archives they just disappeared. When I tried to add the archives manually I got a launcher.exe error. DriveBackup 10 Pro is beginning to be nothing but a pain in the butt. I just tried to do another backup and now I'm getting a VSS error. This is getting ridiculous. Another thing I noticed today was I can't make consecutive backups unless I reboot or I get the VSS error.
    02-10-10
    Today I tried to a backup.VSS tried to start 3 times and 3 times it failed. Then hot processing started. That sat there for a few minutes doing nothing. When I tried to cancel, my computer froze up and I had to shut down manually. Time for a refund I think.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

I don't get any of the problems you describe.

Could it be there is something on your system interfering with Paragon ?

3. zach

zach Registered Member

I have no idea. Never had these problems with version 9

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Lets try a few things:

Open task manager, kill all paragon related processes: launcher.exe, script.exe.

Open services.msc from the "Run" and stop and restart Volume Shadow Copy between the consecutive backups.

Run a chkdsk /r on the partitions you tried to backup. If VSS is still failing, switch to paragon hot processing. If both fails, then there might be errors with drive.

When did the launcher error occurred and what exactly was the error code? If it's "object is not found" go to C:\ and delete the archive_db or archdb folder. Relaunch Paragon, and manually readd the archives to your Archive list if necessary.

5. zach

zach Registered Member

I've already run a chkdsk. Tried hot processing. it starts but doesn't do any backup. it just runs. when I go near options with my cursor it stops and program hangs. have to turn off computer manually.Can I do a consecutive backup of c or do I need to reboot first. I seem to remember something like that with version 9 you needed to reboot before you could do another backup. maybe files are locked? VSS was set at manual I changed it to automatic. Also I didn't see script.exe in taskmanager

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  6. zach

zach Registered Member

Problem solved. Was Online Armor

7. WillyK

WillyK Registered Member

I'm curious. Was it a setting within Online Armor, or did you have to disable the firewall product?

I run the ZoneAlarm Extreme Security suite, and was wondering if I should be aware of any potential issues between my product and DB10.

... Bill

8. zach

zach Registered Member

I don't use Online Armor firewall. I put Paragon in the exclusions section under options

9. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Zach,

Glad you found the cause. Thanks for the update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.