???? What Happened to FireFox ????

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bgoodman4, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

I generally use Opera but for sites that Opera does not like I use FireFox and today when I opened up FF I found the following,,,,,,

-I had info saved under the properties box associated with a particular bookmark, this info is gone. Not only that but all info in the properties dialogue box is now missing. Its all blank. In addition I am unable to type anything in any of the fields.

-At least 1 web page that worked in FF is opening up missing the log-in (password & ID) text boxes so I cannot log-in.

- The web address that shows up in the address bar is changed. All I see is the name of the company that the page is for, not the address itself. I am able to highlight the name of the co in the address bar but cannot right click to copy it. I am able to copy it via edit though.

-A number of other bookmarked pages that used to work with no problem are coming up with errors.

I know there was an update/upgrade for FF a while back and I assume the problems are from this,,,,,,,,,,any idea how to fix these problems or will I have to use IE? ----- By the way the log-in dialogue box for the site appears with no issue in IE. I cannot test the other sites as I no longer have access to the web address info in FF.

Any help will be most appreciated.

2. Eice

Eice Registered Member

3. bgoodman4

Thanks for the suggestion, I will give that a try.

4. bgoodman4

I have just reinstalled FF over the old installation and all is working as it should. Thanks for the suggestion though and I will create profile backups on a regular basis going forward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.