what happened to ESET v7 US version

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by larryb52, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

seems like it never got released I guess they expect people to just run the beta, hey what a novel idea charge money for licences and never actually release the product...with this yearly updates on AV's I guess it doesn't matter everyone only runs a real product for couple months than the betas for the next year come out...its not really funny

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

well that is a good question. Right now I have a BIG issue with Betterantivirus that I am dealing with and hopefully it will resolve itself.:gack:

3. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello larryb52

I think it is just around the corner, but here is a explanation for why we haven't seen an international release yet. (new release strategy, I will guess) Link : ESET V7

Regards, Janus

4. larryb52

sounds like Marketing BS to me not an actual answer at least reasonable one...they will release it than 2 months late beta 8 will start, seems to be the way of the modern corporate antivirus company...

5. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Just a long shot here but im thinking an official release will not be until christmas time perhaps.

6. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i agree i know someone running the final in another country but yet we sit and wait? i love eset and its my primary first choice in av but this is getting very annoying to be honest

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I do not see what the big deal is about it taking awhile before a english version comes out. the thing I like about eset is that they release products when ready. Other vendors who release yearly versions at set points have alot more problems with their software because they rush it.

8. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

I think the release will be close with Windows 8.1

9. Janus

Janus Registered Member

"Yes" or shortly after, it would make sense

10. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Good point +1

11. rollers

rollers Registered Member

I have to say that I don't see what a difference a language makes to a product. All others release multi lingual versions at the same time. Surely it doesn't take weeks just to replace the language? The rest of the program should be sorted as its out of beta phase, if its not then it should still be in beta.
    Just my two cents

12. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

The English version of ESET v6 was also released later, first Slovenian and a few others. Unfortunately the Eset forum here is gone so I don't know how much time it took back then before the English version was released.

13. fax

fax Registered Member

14. chabbo

chabbo Registered Member

The ESET Support Forum at Wilders Security Forums has closed.

The new ESET Security Forum is located at: https://forum.eset.com/

The archived content of ESET support threads at Wilders Security is available here:

Archive of ESET Support Forums at Wilders Security

15. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

16. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

17. SweX

SweX Registered Member

This is all official info posted by ESET in different threads over at the ESET forum. It makes sense to me anyway :)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  18. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

The release of ESET v7 is right on schedule, with Wave 0 being released in Czech, German and Slovak and others to follow. I am sorry if you are feeling somehow neglected by this, but ESET Smart Security/ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7 is the company's flagship consumer product, and ESET is taking a phased roll-out approach to make sure it's done just right.

ESET has now had months of beta-testing to fine-tune the software and make sure it performs well, but, with as much effort as has been put into that side of the business, it still can be pretty darn difficult to launch your flagship. So, ESET's doing a lot of "A/B testing" of exciting stuff like slogans and campaigns in proximate territory to its global HQ to see how these affect click-throughs, attach rates and so forth so the dollar spend for CPMs can be maximized.

I cannot claim to understand any of the science behind it, but it's actually pretty cool to see how miniscule changes to things like color palettes and typography affect the heatmaps on the banner advertisements.

While this is probably not exactly what you wanted to hear, I will leave you with this to, well, ponder¹: ESET is largely a technology company and not a marketing one, and there is only so much all of the employees there can do in a day. The software is all debugged and tested and built and ready, but now comes the next challenging part, which is selling it. Aside from being a technology company, ESET is also a business, and in order to remain a successful one, that means it sometimes needs to do things like prepare for the sale of its software, and that's something that's a little harder to beta test, so ESET do things in manageable stages, as opposed to mangle-able ones.

If it helps makes you feel any better, (1) the changes between the last beta build and RTM build are minimal; (2) you are very likely going to be seeing the English version before the Kazakh² version comes out; and (3) the other language release waves are stacking up now and will be shortly available, although I cannot be any more specific than saying "soon."

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

¹I was going to say the company was a finite state machine in an entropic universe here, but decided to leave that out.

²Sorry, Kazakhstan.

19. zerotox

zerotox Registered Member

Thank you for an honest, straightforward answer! Good luck to ESET!

20. larryb52

should of left out all the geek speak and just said soon, which is a new corporate answer to when almost any new product/update , what have you is coming out. Funny how companies wonder why profits suffer because people take their money else where because sometimes 'soon' isn't soon enough and business as usual just doesn't cut it...

21. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

Wow, some people are never satisfied.

22. fax

fax Registered Member

LoL, yeap... :D

23. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Oops, sorry. I thought you (and maybe others participating or even just viewing this thread) actually wanted a detailed and comprehensive explanation of what was going on "behind the scenes." In the future, I shall try and provide less-detailed answers.

As a reminder, ESET runs its own forum at https://forum.eset.com/ now. You can always go there if you want an official answer.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

24. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

while i do greatly appreciate your answer and explanation i kinda of still have questions.. you stated the english version is basically ready and the hold up is due to sales. what about all the millions of users who already have and pay for the program?? we are not looking to new sales currently. why not offer a existing user a update via the program and just not allow the downloading of the whole .exe yet? im sure it could be setup to offer the update to paid users only could it not be? all that aside eset is still my favorite av and one of the top three i recc to my clients. im okay with a bit longer wait i just hope "soon" is not another 1-2 months.

25. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Please continue there. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.