What happened to Avast Forum?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by BG, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheEndX

TheEndX Registered Member

bellgamin, their forum getting compromised is no reason to stop using an antivirus company's products, when it is the fault of the forum software maker.
    The company's job is to make sure their forum stays updated, which it is.

Comodo also uses SMF. Does that mean you will not use any of their products?

2. computer geek

computer geek Registered Member

True, they could have used phpBB or VBulletin though couldn't they?

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

SMF has 5 known vulnerabilities, vBulletin has 23 of them. I'd hardly call that an improvement or a good track record of any kind... not that i'd make conclusions just out of these numbers.

4. 031

031 Registered Member

Hackers really love avast forum :D :D :D :D :D

5. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

ive noticed....

6. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

ANY forum can get hacked. There is no perfectly secure software. In post #28 RejZoR made a valid point. My implied criticism of Avast's use of SWF was ill-founded.

IF it is true that Avast's forum is attacked rather often, that makes me more (rather than less) inclined to stick with them and support them. I might add that Avast's forum is one of the most helpful and friendliest I have ever visited.

Avast is definitely a top tier AV, as revealed by long-term/consistent/excellent test results at AV-Comp and AV-test.org. Version 4.8-beta ran very stable on my computer and was not at all heavy on resources. Although I have switched to trialing another AV at the moment, Avast remains very much on my short list for primary use when my current paid AV's license expires next July.

7. computer geek

computer geek Registered Member

yes, I agree, avast is definately very good, but out of interest, how many vunrebilities does phpBB have?

8. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Check YONDER. Hmmm :argh:

9. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Seems like the MS patch that was referenced earlier was issued about April or May 2006 according to the link given just in case any one was interested or did not take the time to check. Thanks Hyperflow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.